"I knew you were too good to be true. Everyone in your life knows it" I said honestly, there were tears streaming down my face now. This whole encounter broke me, I didn't want this to be the outcome, I never did. There was no way I'd be able to get you to Mooneys so reasoning with you would have to happen here, in my home. "I found cameras in my house Joe. I found footage on your computer. This has been happening for months" you kept wailing but I kept trying to reason with you. You were breaking so keeping you tied up seemed cruel. I untied your restraints and you stayed with your knees to your chest.

"Is this how Beck felt ? Did you do this to her too ?" you asked as I scoffed. "Don't speak about her" I was getting annoyed now. "Did you kill everyone in her life too. Oh god. Oh god. Peach Salinger. That was you too. Oh my god" you kept wailing, then some piece of you found the strength to stand up and I couldn't take it. I couldn't. Next to me was a vase. An empty vase that once contained flowers. Why it was here ? I don't know, maybe you put it there. I picked it up and I swung. The glass smashed, you were back on the floor and your head was bleeding. You weren't getting up now. I needed you to stay there.

Someone was knocking on the door abruptly, I assumed it to be Len until I heard a voice. "Kelsey" "Kelsey answer the door you whore". Perfect, you appeared to be out cold, I could deal with this to avoid suspicion and then save our relationship. I opened the door to Honey Brown crying. "Chris broke up with me" she said before shoving past me. "And this is our problem ?" I asked as she scoffed. "Kelsey was all over his search history. What have they been doing Joe ? Where is she ? I just want to talk" she said, she wanted blood. Do I need to be the hero again ?

"She's here, I know she's here. Don't bullshit me" Honey shouted, you were out cold or so I thought. "Honey. Honey. Help" you screamed from the bathroom. "Bathroom. Got it" she said before strutting off to find out. Behind her back was a gun. Great. I left you two for a second, by the time I reached the pair of you, you'd filled her in. "You killed Max" Honey said in shock. Great. This anger was unbelievable. All my effort were thrown back in my face. You'd blab, Honey would blab, there was one thing to do. You were awake but bleeding all over the floor. Honey was the only able body, I grabbed the gun, it was easy. "Yet another boyfriend turned out bad Kelsey. Jesus Christ I-". I managed to wrestle her to the ground, two bullets to the head, she was dead. You were screaming. It pained me to do this but another seven were released and so were you. The pair of you were bleeding out all over my bathroom floor. This could not be pinned to me so wrestled the gun into Honeys cold hand, this would be boiled down to a murder suicide. 

My whole body felt weak as I walked towards you. You were lying on the floor with multiple bullet holes in your body. Your entire body was lifeless and you weren't glowing like you were this morning. You were gone, you'd slipped through my fingers just like that and I didn't even want it to the end like this.
You shouldn't have deserved this not someone who planned to adopt a child who so desperately needed love and guidance, not someone who planned charity runs but you knew too much. You'd have ruined everything and at-least now, I'd know you were safe. I stayed in silence for what felt like years and that was when my apartment door opened and Len Watts walked in. "Kelsey ? Joe ?" he shouted, he sounded oblivious until he walked into the bathroom. "Holy. Holy fuck" he said while covering his mouth, he was in shock. "I walked into this. Honey was shouting that you'd get her off. This a jab at me ?" I said blankly as he shook his head. "N-no honestly. I had no idea. I told Kelsey about the toe incident but that's it. I told her it all sorted now"
he began, so you were bluffing, I was about to come up with a story but I heard Cody calling out for us. No child should have to see this but he did. The evidence you collected had been long disposed of. I had time while waiting for him.

"Uncle Len" he shouted before running into the mans arms. He was smiling like a Cheshire Cat until Len picked him up and the five year old looked down. "Kelsey" he shrieked as Len's face broke. "She's gone" he said through tears, he took out his phone, to call the police, that was the logical thing to do. It pained me to do this but I stood up. I walked into my room and I packed my stuff. "Joe. Where are you going ? The police are going to need a statement" he said trying to fight back tears as I shook my head. "I'm sorry" I whispered before looking at Cody. The child was going to be scarred for life. His mother figure, the woman he talked about so highly was gone. His father, an arrogant piece of shit but his father all the same, was gone. Honey was nothing to him but she was dead, all he had left was Len and Eddi and if my gut was right, he'd end up with Len and life with a drug dealer would fuck him up a whole lot more.

I regret walking out that day. I never got to properly say goodbye but at the same time, I didn't want to. We left on a positive note, you told me you loved me. You told me you loved me. Thats how I'd remember that day. There was no way I could fall in love again after you, not a chance. You were kind and good and you cared about people. You went to the ends of the earth for those you loved and you showed me a part of myself that I had locked away. I couldn't thank you enough but I couldn't bury you. I couldn't. While you had all of those qualities, you still found out the truth and that was too much to handle. The thoughts of you 6 feet under ground, the thought of not being able to physically be with you anymore made me sick. I was doing the right thing. I had done the right thing.