Silver flinched and began to angrily vibrate on the spot. “You had told Duan to come to the mansion.”

Ordered him actually,” she said, placing the organ in the inner pocket of her jacket. “I have a contracted business with his”—she pointed at Marshall—“boss. Let’s just say I love a tasty business when I see one.”

“Why would you do that?!” Haruna cried out, tears running down her face. “You have everything!”

“I don’t!” Maria jumped around to glare at Haruna. “You call living in bondage for an eternity everything?! You call living under the rule of some dead man a good thing?!”

“Lord Caedis is not a dead man,” Zee hissed lightly.

Maria scoffed and faced her. “Says a stupid, idiotic, moronic, disillusioned thing like you.”

Zee’s eyes sparked with a new flame of anger, her eyes glowing like dancing embers. “Don’t mess with me you brat,” she whispered coldly, curling her fingers into angry fists.

“Brat?” Maria scoffed, cocked her head, her hands placed lightly on her hips. “At least I’m better than a common Level O like you that was borne from the useless blood of a useless corpse.”

Zee’s eyes brightened, the skies outside rumbling as she flung her hand forward, rainwater bursting in through the windows, shattering them into flickering glasses. “Lord Caedis is not a corpse! Stop calling him that!”

Everyone watched as the rainwater shot towards Maria like bullets. Maria stayed put but sped out of the way when the rainwater morphed into spiked shapes midair. Zee growled and twisted her hands around, the rainwater taking a turn towards Maria. Maria leapt out of the way. She moved closer to broken windows. Silver shot her in her thighs and she only groaned. But the flames got quenched by the rainwater that flew in through the windows.

“Fuck all of you,” she said, raising both of her middle fingers at them as she jumped back through the windows. They shattered under her weight and she dropped down.

“NO!” Silver said, running to the window to watch her speed into the forest of trees that was beside the school. “Damn it,” Silver said, turning around. The moment his eyes landed on Kimi’s body, his eyes welled up. The knife and pistol that was in his hands slipped and clattered against the floor. He passed his fingers through his hair and fell to his knees. “I can’t believe Kimi is dead.”

Zee held her wrist and dropped her gaze. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t do my job to help.”

Haruna looked back at Kimi. She looked at his face, her vision blurred by her tears. She removed her eyes from his body and stood. Haruna was about to walk away when she heard a tiny intake of breath. She stopped, blinking as she looked back at Kimi.

“Mum what happened?” Orpheus asked from his position by the door.

Haruna closed her eyes and shook her head. “I thought I heard—” And there it was again, the sound. Haruna gasped and shifted closer to him. “He’s alive!”

“What?!” the others said and Silver rushed to his feet.

Silver ran to Kimi’s body and went on his knees beside Haruna. “How do you—”

“He’s still breathing.” She looked at Silver and then at the others. “It’s sound is too low, even for a cadaver. But listen closely, he’s still breathing.” Haruna went into action and pressed her palms into his stomach. She closed her eyes and concentrated. Under her hands, she could feel his flesh move.

“It’s working,” Orpheus said, taking a small, single step forward as they watched the skin around his chest area knit back into place. “But... your powers only work on people who are alive.”