16. RAGINI SANSKAR MAHESWARI

Start from the beginning

"He badly needs it." Ragini pouted before drifting into sleep.

***

The bridal dress was hanged in her room while the jewellery was arranged on the dressing table. She was ordered to rest. Tomorrow is going to be a tiry day. She is nervous also. Tomorrow is the day when her life will change. Ragini sighed holding her head. Again, her mind is deviating to various paths.

She laid down on her bed staring the ceiling. Sleep was nowhere approaching her. Swara went to Maheswaris as she had been called urgently. 'From tomorrow, she will be my devrani too.' Ragini thought; her trail of thoughts being broke by a call - from Sanskar.

Ragini worriedly stared her bridal dress again. No! It can't be happening again. She clutched her phone and sneaked out of Badi. At the gate, there stood a man besides a car.

"Ragz, I want to meet you. It's very important. I'm coming to Badi, so you come outside. We will go somewhere and talk."

Ragini feared the worst for a second. What does he want to talk so important the night before their wedding?

"Sanskar, but at this time? It's eleven now."

"That's what I'm saying. Saying it tomorrow won't make sense, Ragz and I don't want to regret later. Okay, so come out slowly. I'll be there in five minutes."

"What is it Sanskar?" Ragini asked as she approached Sanskar.

"Get inside. We will talk."

"But you can say now." She told expecting the extremes.

"No. You come with me. I will talk to Shekhar uncle and Dadi, if needed."

'That's it! So everything will be back to square zero. Why my life is like this?' Ragini thought.

"You seem lost, Ragz." Sanskar observed a silent Ragini during the drive.

"Sanskar, just tell the matter. What is the need for going somewhere?"

"It's needed and we reached." The car came to halt.

The park! Where they shared their worries and happiness to each other; everything is going to be shattered at the very same place. What she feared all these days; is it happening? Ragini stood freeze at the entrance of the park.

"Come na!" Sanskar dragged her along with him.

As they entered into darkness, she felt the grip on her hand loosening and it vanished in seconds.

"Sanskar" She called out. She sensed panic overpowering her senses and she screamed in horror at the sound that reached her eardrum.

'BOOM!'

Ragini felt glitters falling over her and opened the eyes to find Sanskar besides her who is also bathed in the same but his face adorned a smile. Loud cheers were heard - of Swara, Laksh, Uttara and some of their friends.

"Sanskar, all these?" Ragini asked in shock. "And Swara?"

"Ragz, I told na. I don't want to regret later. At night of our Mehndi, I realized my bachelor life is going to end, so yours. So I discussed with Laksh for a party so that we both can enjoy this day to the fullest. You and I are bride-groom. But here for the groom 'I', you are friend and for bride 'You', I am friend. You understood?" Sanskar explained the matter in a go.

Ragini's eyes widened, her eyebrows twitched for a moment following which a small smile crept across her face as she realized all her worries were of no cause.

"So I want us to celebrate the last day before marriage." Sanskar said as he joined others pulling Ragini along.

Ragini's face gleamed in the sudden surprise. But she composed her herself with a cute anger in her face and hands on her hips facing Swara.