The four met up with the photographer, a polite yet professional woman who clearly knew what she was doing. An hour passed of them taking photos, picking different locations and deciding on different poses, like middle school girls. It was goofy, but they were having fun.

  "Here guys, give her your email. She'll send the pictures to you." Rich presented a clipboard with areas to write down information.

  "Hell yes. I'm gonna print these out." Jeremy scribbled down his email.

  "You're a goof." Michael took the board.

  "I just wanna have a souvenir," Jeremy said.

  "I'm gonna make one of these my wallpaper." Rich was given the board next.

  "Ooo, me too," Michael replied.

  Jake finished with the board and they parted with the photographer. 

  "Michael, I'm gonna be a photographer." Jeremy watched her leave.

  "Really? Why?" Michael stood next to him. 

  "I dunno. She was really cool. I like how she knew all the best angles and stuff."

  "Alright Jeremy, think about it for a bit before you pursue it. I mean, last month, you wanted to become a game developer, and the month before that, a zookeeper." Michael pointed out.

  "Yeah, I guess you're right." Jeremy sighed. 

  "Just let me know when you really decide." Michael teased. 

  "What about you, Michael? What do you wanna be?" 

  "I'm not sure." Michael leaned against the trunk of a tall tree. "Maybe I just quit college partway through and become a Twitch streamer."

  "Nah, Michael. Be a psychologist. A therapist. You're great at it." Rich entered the conversation. 

  "No, no, too much schooling. I'd get so overwhelmed." Michael protested. 

  "Be a firefighter then." Jake followed. 

  "God no." Michael shook his head. 

  "I think you'd be good at that. And you have the heart for it." Jeremy noted. 

  God, Jeremy, you can't be so sweet like that. 

  "I dunno." Michael dodged giving an answer.

  "Anyway, what should we do?" Rich checked his watch. "It's almost 1:30."

  "Damn, that much time passed already?" Jeremy said.

  "Hm, what now?" Jake asked. 

  "Should we get lunch or something?" Jeremy said. 

  "Yeah, I think so." Michael said. "Did you guys have anything in mind?" 

  "Hmm, not really." Rich pondered. "How about just...sandwiches or something? We can go to Rusty's."

  "Sandwiches?" Jake said. 

  "Yeah. I mean, it's okay to not spend every penny for at least one thing on the day of prom. We can be chill, right?" Rich said.

  "I'm fine with that." Jeremy said.

  "I mean, alright. Sandwiches it is. I'll get the limo and we'll go to Rusty's." Jake began calling the chauffeur. 

  Several minutes later the squad had piled back into the black town car and began driving to the local family sandwich shop.