Case 20

Ah...

What was that? Hell seems like a favorable place to go rather than being under Yosano's full treatment. You don't want to experience that again and your body just trembled when you remember every second that transpired. Who knows beneath that beautiful face she actually a real scary person inside? She actually makes you appreciate your life even more now.

Scary...

Looking at your lethargic state that rests on the sofa, Naomi can't help but to faking a cough and it earned your attention to her. You were still at the agency after being apprehended by them and you weren't allowed to leave before everything outside has calm down first.

"Are you okay, (Name)-san?" She asks you politely.

"Ah, yes. I'm fine... really, fine."

"Do you need anything? I can make you tea if it to ease your worry."

"Eh? No, I can't possibly trouble you more than this. You already welcome me with great hospitality." You also politely turn down her gesture. "But if I'm not bothering you, may I ask you something?"

Naomi invited herself to sit adjacent from you. "Of course not, what is it that I can help you?"

"Where is Kyouka? I have not seen her anywhere." With the question, Naomi makes a troubled face since you didn't know what happened to her yet. Then she explained the situation to you along with what the other member was doing. Although the curse ability has been nullified by Dazai when Atsushi return after being kidnapped by the Guild, it was still not safe.

You were perplexed to hear that the war was really happening between the Guild, the Agency and Port Mafia and the situation was worse than what you had thought at first.

"But you don't have anything to worry about, (Name)-san! I'm sure with everyone sticking together, we will win this!" Naomi has assured you that. But it did not lessen your anxiety now that you know everyone else was fighting on the front lines and even stakes their lives. However, right now...

"Ah, I'm so beat up walking!" You heard Ranpo's voice came and he entered the office. Then upon seeing you were talking with Naomi, he sprawls himself on the vacant seat and Naomi is welcoming him back. "Heh, you are still here, (Name)? I thought you would have taken your leave by now." Yosano appeared after him and she's carrying a brown enveloped in her hand.

"Well, I am informed that it is yet to be safe going outside. But where have you gone to, Ranpo-san and... Yosano-san?" You were a bit intimidated to ask her and smiling awkwardly why scooting farther away to the corner like a terrified kitten.

"Oh, we are just answering some challenge at the enemy place. But since just that I'm awesome, it is obvious that I won, ha!" Ranpo then began to brag about his great victory, "Man, I want to eat my potato chips now, I also need my ramune. Hey, you should have it with you, right?" Ranpo questions you since he can already tell.

"Well... I actually did buy you some before and it's still in my car."

"Great! Now, go and get it! I'm hungry, I'm hungry!" He chirped impatiently to you.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Ranpo. But you can have it later. Now, what are we going to do with this document? Shall we call the President?" Yosano interrupts by flailing the brown enveloped that she holds in her hand.

"What is that, Yosano-san?" Naomi asked as she was curious.

"Oh, this? It's the information that we get from one of the Guild members. All the thing that we need to know is compiled in this."

"Really, then isn't that mean we can actually win over them?!" Naomi sounds really excited upon hearing the news.

"Yeah, but the thing is. Ranpo here doesn't want to check whether this is not another trap."