Chp 11

It was Tuesday,the sun was glaring in its full glory as it was the end of April.It was getting hotter by every passing second.

Cabir and Navya's party was nutss.Like freaking nuts.I don't think we have had that amount of fun everrr.Well no we've had but it was something we would remember always.Fun times.

Manik and me we would meet frequently and the stupid person had managed to get me on his side with his idiotic idea.As much as I thought the idea was bad I couldn't help but agree as it was the only option left or atleast that is what we thought.

I still remember the day I told my parents about this plan of Manik's.

Flashback
"Are you guys serious."My dad deadpanned.My brother gave me a 'are you serious' look and my mom just shook her head.

"I know it sounds a little."

"Sounds?a little?"My dad emphasised on those words.

"Okay a lot but we don't have an option."I said exasperated.

"Okay do as you guys please."Dad stated and got up.End of discussion.

Present
But come to think of it Manik was right we couldn't possibly do anything.We couldn't afford him getting mad about the whole situation and getting Manik married to someone else.I shuddered just by the thought of it.

"This is the right thing Nandini."I assured myself.

Manik's PoV
Yesterday was the day I dropped the bomb and had caught everyone by surprise.

Flashback
We were at the dining table eating our dinner normal conversations making rounds.

I cleared my throat and dad looked at me his eyebrow raised. "Everything okay?"He asked.

I stopped eating and folded my hands on the table. "Mom,dad everyone actually.I need to say something."Mom looked at me with a 'are you really starting this now' look and I nodded.

"Bolo Manik."Daadu encouraged me.

"I want to get married."I stated.

Bhai started laughing thinking I am joking but stopped when I gave him a serious look.Bad acting bhai.I controlled myself from rolling my eyes.

"Out of nowhere.."Dad trailed.

"I have been thinking of settling down since a long time."I said and he nodded still thinking.

"But whats the hurry?"Dad asked and Mom nodded agreeing with him.

"I think it is high time now."I kept in short and simple.

"Acchi baat hai phir if you are not pressurised.I will look for a ideal girl for you."He said getting back to his food.

"Nooooo."I shouted almost immediately and he looked at me in shock. "I mean daadu ne mom ko dhundha and mom ne bhabhi ko so I think they should find a nice girl for me."I explained myself.

"Neyo papa aap ladki dhundiye Manik ke liye.I think if he is ready we shouldn't push it ahead."Dad said and they nodded.

Present
"Hello bhabhi."I entered her room.It was 3 in the afternoon and I was home.We had nothing to do.I was home after a meeting in the office but other than that I was free.

"Hello Manik.Kya chal raha hai?"She kept the magazine aside and looked at me as I entered.

"Mera chodo aap batao."I lied down sideways on the bed.

"I am liking the whole thing lekin subah subah uthna only for puking I am not a fan."She grunted and I nodded. "But mood swings are amazing.Bechara Rehaan he is sooo confused right now."She laughed and I laughed along with her.She was my partner in crime.Bhai ko irritate karna hai bhabhi was the answer to it.