6

A day after the incident with Ranpo and Poe, (Y/N) decided to head to the agency to talk about the case.

But as she closes into the building, she saw Ranpo and Poe loitering downstairs near the entrance of the alleyway.

She quietly walks up to Poe and gently taps on his shoulder, making him gasp and jumped from the contact.

"Ranpo kun hasn't said a single word since he saw that corpse..." Poe explains to her.

"Aw, this isn't good at all..." she replied as she gets down to one knee to pat at Poe's raccoon.

"Usually, this is when he would laugh out loud and points to the culprit..." he says and he thought to himself, "For Ranpo kun, being a master detective is the backbone of his soul. When that is crushed, the possibility of him standing up again is...".

"Is there no way?" Ranpo whispers but it was enough for the two to hear.

"Ranpo kun, don't lose heart..." Poe tries to comfort him.

"Okay!" Ranpo suddenly shouted and stood up, hitting Poe below his chin.

"I give up!" he continues.

"I'll head back to the office, then I'll leave the rest to you!" he waves his hand towards Poe and left.

"Ranpo kun?!" Poe shouted and (Y/N) shook her head in disbelief.

They watched him walk off to the opposite alleyway and started talking to a man. Poe took out a piece of paper and gave it to (Y/N) to read, it was some instructions about what will happen next, and where they should meet.

Right about time, when Ranpo managed to sneak into the man's car, Poe turned around and talked to (Y/N).

"Mafia san, I think it's about time to head to the next location of Ranpo kun's plans..."

"Alright, let's go. I'll drive..." she replies and quickly got into her car as she sped off.

It was not too long when the car that Ranpo got in was halted by a team of Police officers. Poe got out of (Y/N)'s car and hurriedly ran towards Ranpo.

But before the Police could do anything, (Y/N) could hear the driver saying something about being an Official Diplomatic Attache of the Russian Federation.

"Ah, we're screwed..." she whispers but it was caught by some.

"You're right, little miss. They have no right to detain us..." the foreigner said and to their surprise, Poe shouted at him.

"But you were caught in the act of attempted murder! So, you can still be declared persona non grata!"

"The gun wasn't loaded..." the driver said and unloaded his magazine in front of Minouchi as he continues with his explanations.

"You could call this an 'impossibility defense'. I'm also officially authorized to carry this gun. So there's nothing illegal about it either..."

"So... the gun was only for intimidation. This idea stinks of Dostoyevsky..." Ranpo mumbled before he bent over to the car.

"You can go now..." he says and everyone gasped.

"WHAT?!" Minouchi shouted at him.

But it was too late, the car sped off to its destination. Ranpo took out his cellphone in his pocket and starts dialing a number.

Once the receiver had answered his call, Ranpo announced it to him.

"Mushitaro kun, you win. I knew it all along. An ordinary person couldn't beat an ability. Even then, I'll defeat you. Because, I have friends who believe I'm invincible..."