5

It was a few days after the incident with Fyodor.

As (Y/N) was walking down along a corridor at a mall, she saw two suspicious characters near the glass panes. One was wearing a mascot, while the other was from the guild, Poe.

She sneaks up behind them and tapped on their shoulder, they turned and she smiles sweetly at them.

"You know, you make a pretty good detective!" the one in the mascot says cheerfully, while Poe looks to the other side.

"What are the two greatest mystery detectives doing here?" she asked and Ranpo took off his headpiece in surprise.

"How did you know that it's me?!"

"You forgot about my abilities..." she giggled.

"Ah, yes. The ability to copy, but fear not! My abilities can never be copied by you!" Ranpo announced when Poe saw a message that was left for him.

"Ranpo kun, look at this! It's the final manuscript for the novel!" he gleefully shouted and Ranpo quickly ran beside him to snatched the envelope away.

"Let me see it!" he shouted but a body was suddenly seen outside of the glass.

They heard gasps and screams, then someone shouted that the unknown man just jumps off the building.

(Y/N) was dumbfounded, she had two of her hands across her mouth. It's not like she hadn't seen people die in front of her, she was in shock when the three of them saw how the man turn to look at them.

"Hurry!" Ranpo ran pass her and dragged Poe along.

She followed the pair downstairs and ran towards the dead body. The face was unrecognizable, blood splattered everywhere on the ground.

The trio was stopped by a police officer who happens to be around the area, (Y/N) hid behind Poe since she is a member of the Mafia.

"It's you!" the police shouted, making (Y/N) to shrugged at who the man was pointing at.

Ranpo, somehow, had some ideas up his sleeves. He went to hug the police, but in the end, he started tickling him to death.

"Hey, let me go, detective! Lemme go! Stop tickling me!" the officer laughed as he tries to stop Ranpo from his tickling.

"Please help Minouchi san!" the female police begged at Poe who notices something.

"Hm... I'm trying to figure out why Ranpo kun is suddenly... So happy..." Poe says quietly but it was picked up by (Y/N) standing behind him.

"Suspicion number one, the police got here too quickly..." he continues and (Y/N) nodded her head in agreement.

"We were hurrying down from the upper level, and got here at the same time as the police..." she says to Poe.

"Why? One possibility that I can think of is..." Poe trails off and looks at the mischievous grin of Ranpo.

"Because the culprit reported it! In advance!" Ranpo started waving his hands up in the air.

"They wanted the police to seal off the crime scene so that I wouldn't be able to touch the corpse!" Ranpo posed for the people to see.

"So, it wasn't a suicide... A Rat pushed him off to shut him up?" (Y/N) getting interested in the case, even if it wasn't her business.

"Nope and nope!" Ranpo grins at her and continues with his accusation.

"Look at this..." he pointed to a shoe.

"Is that the victim's shoe? Did it come off when he hit the ground?" Poe asked.

"No. It was pointed in the wrong direction and it was too far away. It came off while he was falling..." he spoke of his reason about the shoe.