Sunday Fun Day

Watching Friday's practice was fun with the boys having a practice match against each other. The quick attacks, the blocking, the recieves.. and that oh so famous quick attack. ___ loved watching her best friends try their hardest while having fun. With Friday ending and the weekend beginning ___ spent Saturday hard at work unpacking while her father worked and the boys had their Saturday practice. Now, it was finally the day she's been waiting for:

Sunday

___ woke up and stretched. She slept in until eleven o'clock and Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi would be here in an hour. She slowly climbed out of bed and grabbed her favourite tank top and jeans before heading to the bathroom to change. After changing into her clothes she brushed her teeth and combed her hair before heading downstairs. She spotted her father in the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Daddy! Finally! You have a day off!" She ran up and hugged him and he laughed, rubbing her head and messing up her hair. She laughed. "I thought you were going to sleep all day!" He said. "There are pancakes and bacon on the table, I know how much you love them." He let go of her and continued to wash the dishes. ___ sat down at the island and began to eat.

"Hey dad, I haven't gotten the chance to tell you yet, but I have some friends coming over today at noon. I can't wait for you to meet them." ___ said as she scarfed down her pancakes. "That's great sweetheart, I'm glad you're making friends," he said. "You're going to be so surprised when you see them," she said trying to hide her smirk. "I know you'll love them." "I'm sure I will," he said as he dried off the dishes.

___ cleaned her plate and brought it to the sink, handing it to her father. "Hey dad, will you grill for us later?" She asked. He looked over. "A chance to test out the new grill? Of course I will!" He cheered. "I was looking for an excuse to fire it up. This is perfect!" "Do we have any steaks?" ___ asked opening the fridge. "Only two," he said as he put the dishes away. "You might want to run to the store before your friends get here unless just franks and hamburgers are fine." "I'll go there now," ___ said. "There's some money in my left coat pocket hanging on the rack. Go ahead and use that." He said. "Thanks daddy!" She said giving him a hug.

 "Can I take the car?" ___ asked grabbing the keys and the money. "I'm not sure if your license is valid here sweetheart, the minimum driving age here in Japan is eighteen unlike America." He said as he put the last dish away. "Pretty pleaseee?" ___ asked as she tried to be cute as possible. "Well, the nearest grocery store is only about three blocks away, so it should be okay just this one time. Just stay safe and be careful alright?" "I will!" She said grabbing her coat. "See you in a bit!" "Drive safe!" Her dad called after as she walked out the door.

___ got in the car and started the engine before pulling out and driving to the store. She parked the car and got out before heading in. 'This is a pretty small store' she thought. 'I hope they have steak.' She walked down the aisles before finding the meat department. 'Steak.. steak..' she repeated in her head as she browsed the meat section. 'Here it is!' She grabbed a four pack of t-bone steaks before heading to the checkout. The clerk quickly scanned her steaks and put them in a bag and she handed him the money. "Have a great day!" He said. "Thanks! You too!" ___ said as she quickly skipped out of the store.

She got in the car and headed home. After parking the car and entering her house she spotted her father unpacking boxes in the living room. "Got it!" She said as she put the extra money and keys in his coat pocket on the rack. "Just put them on the counter, your friends will be here in about fifteen minutes. I'll take them out back to the grill in a second." He dad said as he unpacked a clock and hung it on the wall. ___ placed the steaks on the counter and jumped up on the island, drumming her fingers idely. 'Just fifteen more minutes..'