CHAPTER XXVI

Kylo Ren made sure to follow through with his promise. Quickly.

It was early the next morning. Poe and I were tangled together in my bed debating the best model of winged fighter ships, as usual, but there was an unusual amount of movement out in the hall for the early hour. I sat up in the bed, holding the covers over my bare chest.

"What is going on out there?" I asked.

I felt Poe shift behind me, then felt his warm lips pressing against my shoulder. "Who knows. I'm sure if it were anything important they would have grabbed us."

Right as the words left his mouth, there was a hard, metallic knock at the door. I jumped out of the bed, throwing on a robe. I glanced back at Poe who was pulling on his shirt before opening the door. BB-8 came rolling in, beeping sporadically. "Hey, hey slow down. What's going on?" The droid explained to us that there was an intercepted message that said the First Order had found out our location on D' Qar, and was headed to the planet. We were to start evacuating procedures immediately. Poe and I shared a worried look.

"Okay... Tell General Organa I'll be there right away." Poe got to his feet and threw on his boots and started to sloppily lace them up. Taking a change of clothes from the closet, I threw my evac bag over to the bed. Everyone was supposed to have one prepared for moments like this. Poe made his way to me, cupping my face with his large hands. "Find me later, alright? I'll take your bag to the transport ship for you."

"Of course, love. Thank you and I'll see you soon."

Poe turned and hurried out of the room, BB-8 right behind him. I quickly changed into leggings and boots, pulling the grey shirt over my head before clipping my hair tight to the back of my head. I took one last glance around the room, ripping the pictures of my mother and father off of the wall and shoving them into the waistline of my pants. Nothing else mattered enough to take the time to grab, and I took off down the hall to the wing, planning our evacuation. Ezra and I made it to the doors at the same time.

All of my staff was in the hall, waiting for our arrival. "Alright guys, we all know what to do, yeah? We've gone over this before. Ezra," I turned towards the man. "You are in charge of getting Finn to the transport ship as soon as possible. Grab his chart and anything that is needed for the continuation of his treatment." My eyes scanned the group, landing on blue. "Tash, you help Ezra. Zane, go room to room checking just to be sure no one is in there. Finn is the only patient, but you never know. Everyone else, grab the evac packs that we have made in the supply room. If you see anything else that may be helpful that you can grab, go ahead."

I took another sweeping glance over my team, taking in the panic behind some of their eyes. "Everyone has their personal evac bags?" The group nodded. "Good. We will all be okay. Just stick to the plan and get to the medical transport ship as quickly as you can. Once you're there just hold tight and wait for further instruction from either myself or command." The group broke apart, quickly moving to complete their assigned jobs. Ezra stayed behind with me, grabbing my arm. "Is it still the plan that you go to the main transport?"

"It is. Tash will be with me there to look after Finn. You still go to the Nebulon-C with the others." The man nodded, running to follow Tash to Finn's room.

Opening my office, I went to the small storage closet in the corner. There was an extra med evac bag in there, along with an empty backpack. I threw the full bag by the door and went to my desk with the other. My hands were slightly shaking as I unlocked my desk drawer with years of my notes and research. I grabbed the bottle of bacta supplements, throwing them into the bottom before removing the entire drawer from the desk and dumping all of the papers and books into the large bag. All sense of order was currently out of the window.