Chapter 20: Reawakening

"I can assure you once we've put an end to this monster we will set her loose, well that is if you cooperate with our demands that is. Im sorry but its just how things must be." Michael announced only to be met with "YOU BASTARD! We agreed only on taking Estarossa out, and now you're holding my little sister hostage! Ill kill you! ILL KILL YOU ALL IF YOUR DARE HURT HER" Sirzechs yelled at the top of his lungs.
"Oh you really have no say in this, its either agree to the demands or agree to the death of your sister and the death of your race. Simply can you or can you not comply?" Michael would ask as he backed up to his side.
Sirzechs clinched his fists and looked at his sister, then Estarossa. "Let us finish this man first..and then we can talk terms.." he sighed.
"Good idea, i like that. Now then.." Michael began the ritual as Estarossa reached out for Rias and looked at her in tears and agony. In his mind he could only think "No..not like this..please..I want to see her again..in my arms...I want to live..NOT LIKE THIS!!!"
Estarossa's body shrouded in darkness as he tried to resist. A dark cocoon would form around him emitting dark pulses of energy that clashed with the winged swords light energy.
"Its no use! Give up your life and be at peace with your demise!" Michael said as he was chanting.
On the side of the crater Merlin and Gowther had teleported to the location. "Gowther this looks terrible!" Merlin exclaimed. "How the hell was this apart of the plan?! He's going to die!"
Gowther pushed his glasses up and said "No, he's about to awaken once more. But this time it will save his life."
In confusion Merlin looked at the dark cocoon and felt the ground tremor. "Awaken?"
Up by the Angels, Rias was crawling to the edge to watch Estarossa as he was resisting. "I..I can feel your pain.. my chest it burns...oh so much..It burns with the love I feel for you! Please dont die..I dont want to be alone...I love you...ESTAROSSA!!!" She  screamed loudly at him in a last resort. After that the ground was shaking violently and darkness around the cocoon swirled fiercely. In the distance a glistening beam of light pierced out through the sky and was heading to to their location. The beam of light slamed right into the cocoon trying to force its way in while three orbs of darkness shot up high. As they swirled higher they finally shot out together in one direction.
"Huh? What was that just now??" Michael noticed the three ominous orbs of darkness flying away.
"What was that?" People wondered.
"The Comandments.. it seems he rejected them finally, and now he is once again pure." Gowther said as the cocoon began cracking where the light was penetrating.
"Wh-whats going on!?! Wait! Whats this power!?" Michael turned to see the light particles pushing their way into the cocoon, as they entered the darkness swirling around vanished. "What is that!?! WHATS GOING ON!!" He would question.
Merlin noticed the light particles and she instantly knew what it was. "That...that was a Grace! Gowther whats happening?! What is he? Who is he really!?" Merlin asked Gowther who had his head down but looked up and answered "The man known as Estarossa never did exist, it was a fake identity that was given to him by my creator the real Gowther. To keep the balance of the Holy war a piece had to be moved. Meliodas leaving the demon clan and helping the goddess clan left an imbalance so there was need of warrior who could rival Meliodas. The strongest Archangel without question and the most feared one of them all, known as the "Angel of Death". Merlin's head was fuzzy and the face of Estarossa's was static as a new face appeared. "That is who he is, and his name is.."
The ground began to break and the cocoon hovered up while breaking away. 4 Visible wings raised out. White and covered in dark feathers that slowly turned white.
"N-no..thats impossible.." Sirzechs fell back in awe.
Azazel on the Fallen Angel side was sweating profoundly and muttered "And I thought I was a fallen angel.."
"HE'S AN ANGEL?!" Michael exclaimed as he too was beginning to sweat uncontrollably and felt his skin getting hot.
The Cocoon exploded and emitted a powerful sight of pure light and searing heat. It pushed all the clans troops back as the light dimmed it unveiled a person flying.
"Mael.." Gowther said and it caught Merlin's attention who looked at Gowther then back to Mael.
He clutched his head wondering what was going on. "I...im..."

"Could it be that I was just imagining everything

"Could it be that I was just imagining everything...?"

"No

"No..it all happened..." He looked at every one and they were all in shock at the transformation.
"My Names Mael... and the one I love..she needs me.." he said as he pulled out the Winged sword from his healing chest. He looked at the blade and remembered that this was in fact the very sword he used to slay countless demons, disgusted and ashamed he dropped it. Then in a flash he took Rias into his arms, flying back up into the center of the battlefield. She put her hand on his cheek and smiled. "My Estarossa...I missed you so much" she put her head against his chest and teared up. "Im here now, and ill never leave your side again." Mael kissed her head and before he looked at the surrounding people. "Now. How shall I settle this?" He said as an enormous sun raised aboved him swelling in size.