And that was all we were able to get out of her, her mind had deteriorated except for that one sentence, and no matter how hard we pressed she could not tell us who had taken the young lord or where they had gone.
And since I (followed diligently by Wolf) had gone to each of the surrounding towns to ask about a young boy coming through nearly twelve years ago.

Aita stirred in my grasp, and pulled me from my thoughts.

He brought a fist up between our chests so he could rub at his eyes. "How long was I sleeping?"

If I were being honest I hadn't realized he was asleep, I had been too deep in my own thought. From the sun through the window I could tell it was only midday. "Not long my love."

It was a dangerous sweet-name to call him, especially when we hadn't even declared our courtship, but that all felt unnecessary with him. I knew my feelings for my Angel and I didn't care what anyone said was proper.

I looked down in time to see his cheeks flush and smiled. "Should I call for some food? I'm hungry from my ride." I knew he would have refused if I had told him I was worried about how much he was eating, and how frail he felt under my touch. He nodded into my chest and I pulled the rope near the bed, one that would alert the kitchen staff to bring food.

"I can go get some," he mumbled weakly, "I don't want to inconvenience anyone." Though he said it he snuggled closer.

I chuckled. "And leave me cowering and defenseless?"

"You couldn't be hurt, it might bring a curse or something, since you're so beautiful, it—" he stopped and yawned, before finishing his thought, "—it's how all fairy tales go, the handsome one is cursed or—" he yawns again, "or its the princess. I can't remember."

Though his obvious need for sleep was worrisome the sweet ramblings of his half awake state made my cheeks flush and my hearts pound, hard and strong in tandem.

I had been certain when I first saw him, nearly trampled by my horse that, Aita, was special.
The second time I had seen him, his voice echoing through me like the commandments of the Goddess, I knew he was heaven sent.
The third time, my heart beat hard and fast and it wasn't until I had left him behind with my cousin, a castle between us did I realize that I had never felt more alive.
The fourth time we had kissed. And I was certain that he was my mate. I didn't need the full moon or a temple full of the Goddess' worshippers to tell me. I was as certain as if the Goddess herself had told me.
And now, now I felt that I would crack, would crumble, would collapse if he were ever away from my side.
I would marry him, have him as my queen, my one true love for the rest of my life.

But what would he say... if I asked him to be mine?

Did he even feel the same? I wished more than anything that he did.
I'd never been one to pull my words, "outspoken devil" my father called me. My fathers nickname for me was much more charming than Wolf's who just called me a "whiny whore". I couldn't stand to not know his thoughts.

"Aita." I whispered.

He hummed a response. He was tracing patterns of stars and open free skies across my chest, where my shirt had fallen open. It sent shudders through my body.

"Would you marry me?" His tracing paused.

"I—" he began pushing away

"No, please. Just listen." He did. Collapsing back onto my chest, though now he turned his face towards the mattress beneath us, so I couldn't even feel his emotions across my skin.
"Not now, today. Unless of course you would want to. But make a promise to me now. The night of the festivals ball is the night of the full moon. A night where unmated Were's are supposed to be able to find their mates. I am not mated, and if that is still the case on that night, I would ask that as soon as the full moon sets, that you would marry me. Let me care for you eternally, give you everything I have to offer. That is... if you love me, as my heart loves you."