Chapter 12 - Part 2: It Was More of a Rescue

Start from the beginning

"Wake up, you cow," I demand while sitting up and moving away from his body. The little warm fuzzy feeling of being so close to his body disappears immediately, replaced instead by the cold.

Zuko opens his eyes, his vision seeming unfocused, then closes them with a quiet groan. I cross my armour-clad arms impatiently as I wait for him to come to. As much as I would like to pour ice water on him now, it probably wouldn't help in this situation. He groans some more, then finally opens his eyes. They found mine in an instant, then he immediately glares at me. Jeez, why so much hate?

"What happened?" His husky voice is adorably sleepy. Then he sits up in alarm. "Was I attacked?!"

"No, you cow," I reply honestly. "Unless you count your inability to withstand the cold an attack."

Zuko gives a huff, stands up, gets blasted by the Northern wind, then immediately squats down, massaging his arms for warmth. The wall I made is pretty low, so the shelter it provides is quite limited.

"It's cold," he observes with a shiver.

I roll my eyeballs. "No shit, Sherlock."

Zuko grunts, "Who's Sherlock?"

"...No-one."

Zuko heaves a huge sigh. "You're impossible... I can't believe I ever agreed to this. How did I even get here?" He exclaims in exasperation.

"You want me to remind you?"

"No."

"Okay, here goes: After I was captured by Zhao, I was thrown into a jail."

"Stop."

"Then, I escaped by waterbending, because the idiot Zhao put a waterbender in a jail near the ocean, with running water supply."

"Enough."

I plough on with my story, ignoring his requests. I don't mention that I'm able to airbend as well to Zuko, even though that's the sole reason I was put into jail. So now he just thinks that I'm a waterbender. I also didn't tell him that I come from another world. I just think it's a bit TMI to provide a guy who wants to kidnap your friend.

"After practising for a few days, this awesome waterbender - who happened to be me! - managed to flood the whole cell with water, causing the guards to open the door, which in turn helped the waterbender escape in the midst of chaos."

It wasn't actually as simple as it sounds. First I had to lure in the two guards outside my cell, then when they're in, freeze them with water I brought in from the ocean before they can do anything. After that I had to do some clever maneuvering to get out the jail keys attached to one of the guard's hip while making sure my prisoners don't escape. After that, I flooded the whole place just because I felt like it and also because it can help me escape in the chaos that ensued after. So now those soldiers know I can waterbend as well as airbend. They must feel weirded out. I know I do.

"I know. You've repeated the story millions of times," Zuko growls.

"Shush!" I pull my legs up to myself for comfort while scolding him. The story is making me feel very entertained, for the tenth time. "I'm telling a story here! Do you mind?" He closes his eyes for a while, muttering curses under his breath.

"After the legendary escape," I continue, "this girl found a fleet of ship preparing for departure to the Northern Tribe, which was conveniently just outside the jail. She cleverly disguised herself as a firebending soldier, and lived a very unhappy live on-board, listening to a bunch of heartless people talking about conquering the world."