Chapter 5 | That's The Charm

Comenzar desde el principio

Packed and ready, they headed to the train station. Once again, they decided to make themselves as presentable as possible-Harry deciding to wear a fitted black suit with an emerald green dress shirt, while Amare chose a two piece dress in pale blue.

Getting to King's Cross was easy enough. The driver put their trunks and backpacks onto a cart and wheeled it inside, but from there on they had to figure it out on their own. Theoretically Dumbledore had explained them how to get to platform nine and three- quarters, but in actuality running through a brick wall was less than appealing to both children. The thought of 'what if we ran into the wrong wall' was clear and present in both their minds and Harry started looking around the station for more wizards.

Finally he spotted the pale boy from their trip to Diagon Alley, with his parents, who looked just as he had imagined two posh purebloods looking. He nodded Amare in their direction, silently asking her to pay attention. The family of three looked bored as usual when they walked straight through a brick wall and disappeared.

"What. Was. That."

"Spoilers for what we are about to do" said Harry excitedly as he pushed their cart quickly.

Getting closer he saw a family of what looked like a herd of gingers standing and blocking the way.

"...Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go first"

The plump woman watched as who looked like the oldest kid from the group, disappeared behind the brick wall, before nodding to another boy "Fred, you next".

"I'm not Fred, I'm George," said the tall and lanky boy, "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

Harry smirked, amused.

"Sorry, George, dear"

"Only joking, I am Fred" and he, too, ran through the wall.

He could feel Amare getting impatient next to him, and just as he was about to say something to her, the youngest boy pointed his mother towards them.

"First time at Hogwarts dears? Need some help getting to the platform?"

She was kind and warm, and suddenly Harry was reminded of his mother. She would have led him to the station, and kissed him goodbye, and maybe he, too, would have been able to help some struggling first years. But she couldn't. She was long gone. And Harry felt alone.

"N-"Amare started.

"Yes. "He felt her shock, but continued smiling at the woman in front of him.

"Not to worry, all you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run it you're nervous. Go on, go now before Ron, he's new too"

"Thank you"

"Thank you Madam"

Harry turned back to the wall and began heading forward, walking faster as he went. Just as he was about to smash right into the barrier, he smiled, and went right through it.

The platform was packed with wizards, and the massive train let steam which clouded the space. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, eleven o'clock.

"Wow" Amare arrived next to him.

"Best be moving before Ron crashes into us"

Walking past the crowd, it was hard not to notice the looks they were getting. Two children, alone, dressed in the best money could buy. And what children at that- Unreachable, divine, like two statues.