Side Story - Midoriya

Start from the beginning

"Because we're still looking for information on the league, and all the reports are saying they're on this side of the Kingdom."

Todorokis eyes narrowed and he glared at Iida, letting his arm fall back to his side weakly. Iida sighed and ran his hand threw his dark blue hair.

"Todoroki, I know you don't w-"

"It's fine. Let's go to the capital then."

The others hesitated as Todoroki began the long trek towards their destination. Uraraka and Iida exchanged nervous glances, while Midoriya frowned in Todorokis direction. They knew exactly why he didn't want to go, but Iida had a point, and all four of them knew it. The four also knew that they were going to need to throw that knowledge away if they were going to want to get to their goal.

"It should only be a day and a half if we walk, it won't be long."

"I could go up ahead with one other person to prepare a place to stay!"

"That's not a bad idea Uraraka, I could-"

Midoriya stopped mid sentence, seeing something off in the forest to their right. He blinked and squinted, seeing the light twinkling off in the distance. Shit. He looked back at his friends and laughed nervously, pointing over to the two other boys.

"How uh, how about one of them go? I just realized I uh, have to go do something, over there. In the woods! Yeah...I'll be right back-"

With that terrible excuse, Midoriya bolted off into the grove of trees, disappearing from site. Uraraka shrugged as the others looked at her, Iida sighing as they began to discuss who should stay and who should go ahead.

Midoriya raced through the thick trees, chasing after the twinkling light that bounced from rock to log to branch. He panted and stumbled over a tree root, catching himself before he fell as the light bounced into another direction. He chased after, harshly whispering as if he was chasing after someone.

"H-Hey! Wait up!"

Eventually he came to a small pool, as beautiful as something you would see in a fairytale or children's book. Red and blue flowers adorned the area, a small waterfall being created from the ledge above. It looked like there was a small cave underneath, only big enough for a small child or an animal. Midoriya sighed and looked around, pulling out his journal to a large folded up map he had sketched. He made a small note south of the capital, landmarking the location of the small pool. He wasn't sure if they were always fixed, or if they only appeared when they were needed, but it was a good idea to write everything down nonetheless.

When he looked back up, the light bounced around the pool, finally glinting near the water and catching his eye. Drawing his sword, he dipped the tip of the blade into the water, closing his eyes as he whispered quietly.

"Please, I don't have time for tricky advice. I need your help...All Might."

The tiny light shrunk into the water, and then the entire pool began to glow, giving off an eerie but warm light. The sword began to shake in his hands, but Midoriya held it still, holding his breath as the light immediately went out.

"Huh?"

Midoriya leaned closer, removing the sword and glaring down at his own reflection. He blinked in confusion, listening to the wind whistle past his ears. Nothing? He removed one of his gloves and dipped his hand into the water, his eyes narrowing. Suddenly a shout came from behind him, and he shouted back, gasping and turning on his heel.

"I am here! Why are you in the water, young Midoriya?"

Midoriya had slipped, falling back on his butt into the small pool. A small rock on the waters bed cut his hand, and little splotches of blood began to appear in the water, but Midoriya was too focused on the sight before him. A man, well, a God, stood before him. All Might.