She hung up the phone, immediately ordering an Uber, and walked to her door, not even pausing to turn around as she turned off the lights. The only thing that made her hesitate was Jason's slightly open door across from her. She thought about opening it, seeing him one last time before she took off, but she knew the minute she opened his door, she wouldn't be able to leave.

Blair pushed herself onward, making it down the stairs silently. She made it to the front door, taking the folded up piece of paper out of her pocket to put on the table in the entry way when Alfred appeared behind her clearing his throat, "Where are you going this late? Or should I say this early?"

She turned around slowly, adjusting the duffel bag on her shoulder as she met Alfred's inquisitive stare, "Hank called. Something happened to Dawn, I'm going to DC."

"Going to DC, hmm? For a visit or do you plan on moving there permanently?" He eyed the bulging bag on her shoulder. "Or is this just a stop before you end up somewhere else, with a certain former Boy Wonder?"

"I just need some time away, to figure things out." She sighed, inching closer to the door. "And I think, it might help... I don't know... just being with him for a little while... I just... I need him. Nothing makes sense right now, and I just need it to make sense."

Alfred nodded as it made sense to him, but his eyes said otherwise, "When will you be back?"

"I don't know." Alfred opened his mouth to speak, probably to lecture her about her uncertainty, possibly to remind her of another person that left in the middle of the night and never came back, when she immediately added, "I'm not leaving forever. I just need a break."

"That's why you're sneaking out before Master Jason wakes up?" So he knew. Just looking at the knowing look on his face, Blair could tell. This wasn't a decision she had made on a whim, she wasn't leaving for a break, for a vacation and he knew it.

"I broke a rule, Alfred. My rule." She decided not to explain which rule, after all, she only had one. One everyone knew by heart, everyone but her own heart apparently. "I broke it and I don't know what to do. I'm just-"

"Scared?" Blair didn't answer, just looked to the side at the door. She could make a break for it, but she wouldn't put it past Alfred to chase after her until he got a satisfactory answer. "Running away isn't going to solve your problem and it isn't going to make you any less scared. How do you think he's going to feel when he wakes up and finds you gone? Hmm?"

She shifted her gaze back to the older man, "I'm thinking he'll realize how big a mistake he made kissing me and saying that..." She trailed off, not able to finish her sentence, not able to repeat what Jason had said in the Batcave.

Alfred raised an eyebrow, urging her to continue talking, "Saying what?"

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, indicating that her driver was there to pick her up, "Nothing. Nothing, I need to go. Dawn needs me." She sent a quick text back, telling the driver that she was running a little late but she would pay extra if he waited. Blair picked up the note she left on the table, holding it out to Alfred with a pleading look, "Just give him this. Tell him I'm sorry, tell him I'll be back. Don't let them replace me, Alfred. Please."

"There'll be no replacing you, Miss Blair." He took the note out of her hand, sticking it in his front pocket. "Though I do hope you won't be taking an extended vacation. Nothing longer than, say, two weeks?"