"No reason. Just wanted to talk to you. We haven't done that in a while." He paused before continuing, Blair leaning against the two stacked ice chests by the back door. "So what are you filling an ice chest for?"

"We're having a bonfire tonight. Me, Jules, Matty, Kate and a few other people. River, Johnny, Mary, Ben, Jason." She added Jason's name last out of uncertainty. The last time her and Dick had talked, they completely avoided the subject of Jason like it was the plague and that was over text. With this being the first time in a month that they actually spoke on the phone, the last thing she wanted was to fight with him.

"Wow, a bonfire. It's been a while since you've had one of those." Dick said. "It's been a while since you've done anything like that really."

"I know." Blair grinned, despite the fact that he couldn't see her. "I'm actually really excited for it too."

Dick laughed again, "You sound it. You sound happy."

"I think I might be. It's been a long time since I've been happy, but I know how it's supposed to feel." She admitted, watching as Kate picked up a random stick and stuck it in the fire. Seconds later, Jason was jumping out of the way as she held it close to his face. "Are you happy in Detroit?"

"I'm not- yeah. Yeah, I'm happy if you are."

Blair sat up a little straighter, the tone of his voice worrying her. He seemed on edge, his cheerful demeanor sounding forced, "Are you okay? You sound weird."

"Yeah, I'm fine." He assured her. "It's just been a long day at work."

She was about to argue, call bullshit, when she looked up to see Jason making faces at her through the glass, waiting for her to notice. Blair burst out laughing, throwing open the door and walking out to the patio, the phone still up to her ear as Jason threw her a shit-eating grin, "You're such an idiot, Jay!"

"Ah, but you love me for it." Jason shrugged, still grinning from ear to ear.

Blair raised an amused eyebrow, unable to keep the smile off her face as she looked at him, "You think mighty highly of yourself."

"I'm your best friend, I'm supposed to." He responded a matter-of-factly. Blair's smile grew the longer she looked at him, feeling that now familiar tug in her heart.

Kate smacked Jason upside the head, "I'm her best friend, jackass."

Blair rolled her eyes, "You two fight over this and I'm going to make sure this last ice chest is full."

Before she could close the door, Jason called her back, "Hey, who's on the phone?"

"It's Dick." Her response immediately turned Kate and Jason into five year old children tripping over each other to get to Blair faster.

"HEY RICHARD!" Kate yelled, shoving Jason out of the way. "I'VE BEEN HERE, TAKING YOUR SPOT AS BLAIR'S FAVORITE PERSON!"

Jason got off the ground, dusting himself off as he muttered something that rhymed with "ducking bowl sit." Blair caught his eye as he looked up, biting her lip in an effort to hide her smile, failing when he smiled back.

"Is that Kate?" Dick laughed on the other end of the line, bringing her back to her current conversation and out of her head.