"Maybe because you stopped wanting to do these things a long time ago?" Kate responded, struggling to set the lights on the other side of the tree.

Blair sighed, grabbing her ladder and dragging it over to the tree to help. It was a lot heavier to carry on her own, she realized. Every time they moved, both her and Kate lifted and carried the tall ladders to their destination. Seeing Blair moving her ladder, Kate jumped off hers to help, grabbing the side dragging on the ground and lifting it over her shoulder.

Jason walked by carrying wood for the fire, looking between them and the giant ladder they carried, "Hey, do you guys need help?"

"No thanks! We got this." Blair said as they dropped the ladder near Kate's tree. "You just keep getting wood. We need a lot for a bonfire."

Blair climbed up the ladder, turning to look back at Jason as he dumped the wood into the already large pile a little bit away. Kate cleated her throat, tossing Blair the rest of the lights to wrap around the tree branches, "You know, if I didn't know any better-"

"Do not finish that statement, Kane." Blair glared through the tree branches. "I will knock you off of your ladder before you even utter a single word."

"You're so mean to me." Kate laughed. Blair rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at her which only made Kate laugh harder. "Real mature."

Blair grinned, "Of course I am."

"This is the last tree right?" Kate asked, looking over her shoulder at all the trees that were covered in unlit lights.

"Yup. After this, we are completely done." Blair assured her, happy with the change in subject. "All that's left is the drinks and food."

"Which is?"

"Johnny is bringing hot dogs over and seeing as there is a grill right there, we're going to grill them." Blair plugged the lights in, lighting every single tree up at the same time.

Blair and Kate climbed down their ladders, joining Jason on the ground. Blair's eyes danced from tree to tree, taking in the twinkling lights with a smile.

"Wow, this is— wow." Jason breathed, looking at the night sky that was now in their trees, just a few feet above their heads.

Blair glanced at him out of the corner of her eye before looking back at the trees, a smile still on her face, "I know."

********

Two out of the three ice chests Blair helped Alfred bring out from the basement were filled up with a mix waters, sodas, and different alcoholic drinks and stacked at the door to be put by the fire. She was in the middle of filling up the last chest when her phone started to ring. Without checking caller ID, Blair put the phone up to her ear, continuing to fill the ice chest up as she answered, "Yes, Jules. It's still happening."

"What's still happening?" A voice that was definitely not Jules replied on the other end of the line.

Blair almost dropped the bottles of beer in her hands in surprise, "Dick?"

"Yeah, I'm guessing you didn't look at Caller ID." He laughed.

"No, I didn't, I was filling up an ice chest." Blair slammed the chest closed, walking to the back door with the phone to her ear. "How are you? What are you calling for?"