Blair turned back to Jason, giving him a smirk. His jaw dropped as he looked up at Bruce, "But-"

"No, no." Bruce held up a hand to silence Jason's protests. "You are staying home. Blair and I will do a sweep of the city-"

"Actually Bruce, is it okay if I sit this one out?" She faked a yawn, stretching her arms. "I'm just really tired and won't be at my best which isn't fair to Gotham-"

"If you want to stay behind with Jason, all you have to do was ask." Bruce fixed her with a knowing look, watching as she immediately dropped her arms and smiled sheepishly as she swayed back and forth on her feet. "Okay, then can I stay behind with Jason?"

"Sure." Her face must have shown her surprise because Bruce hid a smile. "Just this one night though. I need you out there."

"You need me?" Despite how much she had grown in the past year, despite how confident she had become in herself, hearing Bruce say he needed her out in the field still threw her off balance.

"Of course." He answered, like it was common knowledge. Ever since the night at the Mariano's a few weeks back, he had been training her harder, confident she wouldn't break, all while occasionally letting her call the shots when they were out. "Gotham's a big city and you protect it well."

The girl Blair was before would've blushed, glancing down at her feet while saying a quiet thank you. But she wasn't that girl anymore. "I know I do." She smirked, standing tall. It wasn't arrogance, it wasn't cockiness; it was something else entirely. It was pure certainty, pure confidence in herself.

Jason sneezed next to her again, causing her to turn around and start pushing him towards the stairs, "Come on, sicko. Let's get you in bed."

"Quit babying me, I'm fine." He grumbled, allowing her to shove him up the stairs.

Blair rolled her eyes behind his back, "Yeah, yeah, you're a real tough man. Nothing as common as a cold can take you out. You're a man's man. We get it."

Bruce and Alfred's laughter followed them into the house, Blair biting her lip to keep from laughing herself. For once, she wasn't the one that needed to be taken care of. Now it was Jason's turn.

********

Blair was mixing the the last of the ingredients into the pot of chicken noodle soup that Jason had asked for. In just a few minutes after being sent to his bed, he immediately turned into an overgrown child, whining constantly. You would have thought he was dying of scarlet fever instead of suffering from a minor cold. It was almost laughable really.

She dug a blue Gatorade out of the refrigerator, walking into the living room on her way to check on Jason when she saw him walking down the stairs wrapped in at least three blankets. Unbelievable.

"Jason Peter Todd, if you don't get your ass back up those stairs and back in bed, I will forcefully knock you out so you sleep this all off. No cold medicine required." She ordered him, crossing her arms sternly. The last time she took care of someone that was sick, it was Kate and she had Mary helping her. Not to mention Kate just slept it off.

Jason continued walking down the stairs before landing face first on the couch. Blair sighed loudly, throwing her head back and staring up at the ceiling, "Jason!"