FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN

KARA

Later that night...

I left the house with Rome, my possible new boo, and date for the night. We were going to catch that new Candy Man movie and I was ecstatic because I hadn't been on a date in a long time. I had a few one-night stands here and there but hadn't dated anyone since Wade.

I met Rome at the barbershop. The guy who normally cut Malik's hair was out due to being sick and when he recommended Rome I jumped at the opportunity since I couldn't have my baby walking around looking rough.

He was cool as hell and we exchanged numbers immediately. He was handsome as hell, looking like a carbon copy of YFN Lucci.

We'd just pulled up to the movies when I glanced down at my phone to see that I received a text from Amethyst.

AME

Girl, I can't do this!

ME

Yes you can you'll be fine

She was on her way to Sincere's bachelor party right now. I hoped everything went according to plan tonight. Hopefully Sin got pissy drunk right before the strippers came so that he'd be drunk enough to go into the back room with Kandy Kane. That was the name that we gave Amethyst for the night.

***

"You want some more popcorn beautiful?" He whispered looking down at my half eaten bucket. I giggled before responding.

"No it's ok. It's super packed tonight and I don't want you waiting in that long line."

"I don't mind. I'll be right back." He kissed my cheek before standing up to leave. "You want anything else?" He whispered

"Sit down your mother wasn't a glass maker!" Someone behind us yelled causing me to giggle.

"No I'm good." I replied with the biggest smile on my face. He exited the theater leaving me alone. Well, technically I wasn't alone. The movie theater was packed.

In fact it was so packed that I barely had anywhere to put my arms. A Caucasian woman who looked to be about three hundred and fifty pounds was sitting next to me. She kept bumping into me and I was about two seconds away from cursing her out. I sighed and shook my head before pulling out my phone to see if Amethyst texted me.

I didn't have any messages but grew concerned after noticing that almost twenty minutes had gone by and Rome had yet to return.

I didn't even care about losing my seat because quite frankly I didn't want to sit in that section any more anyway. I got up to find him.

I entered the lobby and it was practically empty. The only people I saw were the workers and they were busy wiping the counters and sweeping the floor. I squinted my eyes a bit and I saw Rome standing outside with some woman. They looked like they're arguing.

I poked my head out the door. "Is everything okay?" I asked him and the girl looked at me sideways.

"Oh, and who the fuck is this? Really Rome?"

"Excuse me? What's going on?" I said to the woman as she stared at me for a brief moment before responding.

"You know what, my beef isn't even with you. It's with this clown ass nigga."