°6°

Third person pov

Streams of the morning light fell on the young boys face. His nose scrunching up at the ray's disturbance to his beautiful dreams. A loud knock resonated in the room. 

"Jungkook, wake up. Your family will be here in a few. I need to do your check up." Namjoon voiced out entering the room. His figure straightened as his profession required. The boy opened his eyes and whispered out a small 'Alright' to which the doctor entered.

"How are you feeling, bud?" Namjoon asks, his voice being soothing to the younger male as he helps the younger male sit up. "Feel better." The younger male mumbles out his voice scratchy and horse from being woken up and due to its rare usage. 

"I see. Bud? d'ya wanna talk about yesterday?" Namjoon's satoori slips through as he became comfortable around the younger. The younger male shakes his head slightly and the doctor lets a little sigh out.

"If you ever need to talk, I'll always be here bud." Jungkook's body slumps slightly. Namjoon is quick to revert to usual check-up questions. In 15 minutes the check-up is over and Jungkook lays back down due to the increasing pain. 

"I'm going to connect an levetiracetam 100 mg dose IV. It'll decrease the pain significantly compared to the 200 mg advil." Namjoon moves around connecting the IV drips to the male's arm as he murmurs out little self notes.

"All done." The doctor says rolling the drip control for constant drips. "Press this button to inform when IV is done." He says motioning towards a small button with a capital N written on it. Jungkook nods his head at Namjoon's words. "Alright, I'm going now. Is there anything you need?" Jungkook motions his head as a no.

Only a little while after Namjoon leaves the door opens and standing at the door is the younger male's family. "Koo, we're here baby." The older woman of the 2 women murmurs out as she nears to her son's bed.

"Momma?" Rae-In is surprised beyond words as her son speaks. "So he's the doctor we needed the whole time?" Junghyun says his voice full of amusement. Jungkook hums as he rolls his eyes at hit his brothers childishness. "Is he nice to you?"

"Momma, why do I feel s-s-safe with 'im?" Jungkook turns to Rae-In, asking the question with the smallest voice possible. "Oh, he makes you feel safe? then that means he could possibly be your soulmate." Rae-In smiles while petting Jungkook's smooth and silky hair.

"Momma? Aren't we s'ppos'd to feel butterflies when we meet 'em?" Jungkook looked at Rae-In with his big doe eyes. "No bub, sometimes butterflies mean danger. You know when I met your father, he and I felt comfort, safety, security. The butterflies came once we were deep in love. Bub you need to feel security and comfort from your soulmate not butterflies like in fairy tales." 

"But momma~" Jungkook pouted at Rae-In. "Bear, your momma's right. You need to feel comfort and security. The subconscious need to reach out to them. The longing to meet once you seperate but never butterflies until both you and your soulmate or soulmates are completely in love and have a strong bond." Jae-sung backed his wife up.

Rae-In looked at Jae-sung before starting to sing the song where she portrayed how danger felt like rather than love. Her soothing voice soon echoed in the room as she sang the song with deep compassion. Her voice a constant reminder to Jungkook of what happened to his grandmother.

It's crazy when
The thing you love the most is the detriment
Let that sink in
You can think again
When the hand you wanna hold is a weapon and
You're nothin' but skin

She looks at him her voice stabilizing.

Oh, 'cause I keep diggin' myself down deeper
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
I keep running, I keep running, I keep running

They say I may be making a mistake
I would've followed all the way, no matter how far
I know when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard

Jungkook looks at his father, who's mouthing the words to the song, silently singing and helping his wife.

Oh, 'cause I keep diggin' myself down deeper
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
I keep running when both my feet hurt
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
Oh, when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard (no, oh)

You look at me (look at me)
With eyes so dark, don't know how you even see
You push right through me (push right through me)
It's gettin' real
You lock the door, you're drunk at the steering wheel
And I can't conceal

Rae-In puts her hand forward with her amulet in it, placing the heart shaped amulet in her younger son's hand. She walks to her husband.

Oh, 'cause I've been diggin' myself down deeper
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
I keep running, I keep running, I keep running

They say I may be making a mistake
I would've followed all the way, no matter how far
I know when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard

Oh, 'cause I keep diggin' myself down deeper
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
I keep running when both my feet hurt
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
Oh, when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard

The two adults have sung the last three stanza's while holding soft gazes at their sons.

Oh, it's funny how
The warning signs can feel like they're butterflies

Rae-In's eyes turn sharp as she sings the line and Jungkook makes himself look smaller.

Oh, 'cause I keep diggin' myself down deeper
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
I keep running when both my feet hurt
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
Oh, when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard

Both of them finish up the song beautifully while coming to hug their son. "I hope you know why I sing this song so frequently bub. I don't want any harm to come to you or your brother or anyone in the family. Your birthday will be here in 40 or so days and we want you to know that soulmates are important but your health, mental, physical, or any other type of health matters to us more than your soulmate."

Jungkook smiles at his parents. 

I'm sorry momma, papa, hyungie, noona, Ji-ji.

°♡°
This is the new chapter. The mouse was broken so I couldn't use the computer and hence write. Here's the chapter a week later than intended.❤