New Girl or New Friend

"Cutie..." I said while trying to keep myself from laughing. I turned to Steven and all my friends who were also trying to keep themselves from laughing. Cutie was too busy looking at his wet shirt, so he didn't see me going to my friends. When I reached them, Steven mouthed help me and I nodded my head while smiling. Finally after a minute or two Cutie looked up and looked shocked seeing me.

"You" he said.

"Me" I said with a smirk on my face. And before Cutie could say anything the bell rang, which gave me the idea to ran.

"Look at that, the bell rang. We all should go to class right NOW. Wouldn't want to be late on your first day of school, right Cutie" I said smiling. All my friends said "Cutie?", while Cutie himself gave me a fake smile, which basically means he will get me back for this. 

Slowly I took two steps back and ran inside the school, with all my friends behind me. While everyone went to their classes Ethan and me went to the library because both of us have free period.  As we were walking Ethan kept staring at my face so I asked him "What?". But he only shook his head which meant 'nothing'.

"Hey! Move it. You stupid, ugly bitch" I heard the schools drama queen Britney say. Britney was the schools cheerleader with blonde hair and blue eyes, she's also a  bitch. So I started to walk towards Britney with Ethan.

"Well, well, well, Barbie shouldn't you be screaming for boys. Why are you screaming at some poor girl?" I said to Brittany and yes I call her barbie. Brittany turned around to look at me and Ethan, while blocking the girl she was screaming at.

"Well, if it isn't Emily. Who loves to help every person in need, but couldn't help her own parents" Brittany said with a smile. After hearing her say that I did the only thing that come to my mind, I punched her in the face which made her fall on the floor. I was about to kick her, when Ethan pulled me back and shook his head. Brittany got up and said "I will report this" and walked away. I was about to walk away too, when I saw Ethan standing still with anger on his face while staring at the girl Brittany was screaming at. The girl also had the same look of anger. Wait a minute its the same girl I saw standing in my building in the morning.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ethan said with anger which I haven't heard for a long time.

"That's none of your fucking business" the girl said.

"Oh, so you still have your voice. What happened when Brittany was screaming at you" Ethan said. I noticed the girl had a sad look for a moment which changed back to anger.

"Like I said before its non of your damn business. Don't tell me you're worrying for me again?" the girl said with seriousness. Ethan looked shocked at her question and said

"I don't give a fuck about you anymore, Aria." That name sounded familiar not from pretty little liars, but from Ethan's mouth. Oh My God, now I remember Ethan went to this summer camp a year ago and talked about this girl Aria with so much hatred that made everyone shocked because Ethan doesn't hate anyone not even Brittany. But Ethan never told anyone what happened during the summer camp. After Ethan said that I noticed both of them got quiet, so I butted in.

"Hey. I'm still here" I said. Both of them looked at me as if they just realized I was there, which caused me to roll my eyes because they're behaving like lovers more than haters.

"Hi. Aria, I'm Emily" I noticed her having a questioning look, which said 'how does she know my name'.

"I was here the whole time, so I heard the conversation between both of you" I said.

"Oh that explains it. Hey, didn't I see you in the morning at that building" Aria said.

"Yeah you did, but how come you were there?" I asked.

"I moved there with my brother and father." At that second Ethan just had to open his stupid mouth.

"What about your mother, who loved you so much. Or maybe she left you because of your fucked up behavior." For some reason I was shocked and hurt at what Ethan said. All of a sudden Aria's smiling face changed to a hurt and sad face.

"She died two mouths ago". Hearing her say this made me remember everything about my parents which made me more mad at Ethan, so I slapped him on the face. Which caused  Aria's eyes to widen with shock. After couple of seconds Aria said

"You didn't have to do that Emily. He didn't know." I shook my head and before I could say anything Ethan said

"No I deserved it. Cause what I said is no different than what Brittany said." Ethan looked at me and Aria and said "Sorry" which was for both of us. Aria forgave him right away surprising him then he looked at me. But I couldn't forgive him because I didn't expect him to say that to anyone mostly about this. 

"Em" Ethan said while stepping closer to me, but I stepped back and said

"Not know Ethan what you said hurt me a lot. Even though it wasn't directed towards me, it reminded me of the times when kids would say it to me."

"I know Em, that's why I feel worse because I said something like this even though my best friend went through it" Ethan said.

"I know.... But just leave me alone for now" when I said this, I saw the hurt look on his face but he still walked away. Just when Ethan was out of sight, out of the blue Aria hugged me. I hugged her back right away, maybe because I knew Aria knows how I'm feeling right now. After a minute we both let go and I noticed Aria was crying, so I gave her my black handkerchief that has a small white heart at the corner of it. Which caused her to smile because who keeps a handkerchief now days.

"It was my moms last gift to me. I don't know why she gave that, but now I keep it with me all the time" I said. The truth is I do know why mom gave that to me, but I don't want to talk about it. Aria shook her head, wiped her tears and gave back the handkerchief. We both walked to the staircase and sat down, quite the whole time. When Aria said

"Ethan could be an ass, but I know he didn't mean to hurt you or me when he said that."

"I know, but I'm still upset. He knows I hate it when people say stuff like that and yet he did" I said with sadness.

"But to me it seemed like he was more hurt than you" Aria said with a smile cause she knew she was right. I shook my head smiling and said

"I thought you hated him then why are you helping him."

"I do hate him, but that doesn't give my the right to create problems with you and him." Aria said.

"Don't worry he's like a brother to me" I said while winking at her, which caused her to blush.

"Emily I don't like him, so I don't care if likes anyone or not" Aria said while she's not looking at me.

"Sure whatever you say. But what happened at the summer camp that made you both hate each other so much because I never saw Ethan this mad. Also in the beginning you asked him if he started to care about you again." Just before Aria could answer the bell rang so she said "I'll tell you an other time either way its a long story". I nodded my head and we both got up and said bye, while walking away to class. My next class is with Ethan, so I could talk to him right away. All of a sudden something come to my mind didn't Aria say she moved with her brother and father in my building. That means Aria is Cutie's sister. Wow why do I think things are going to get more complicated.