"The Augus Case"

"Oh god.. What should we do," a woman holds a little boy in her arms, sobbing, "He's dying, Clyde. What do we do?!" 

       The boy's blood leaked through his wounds and rolled off the woman's arms into a pool of crimson. He had multiple fresh wounds inflicted by a whip, as well deep cuts from a knife of some sort. Tears streamed down the boy's pale face. His clothes were tattered rags and his beautiful flame colored hair was matted and tangled. His glistening, rose eyes were now dull, and cold. Yet, he still looked at the woman with sadness, and desperation. 

       "Help," the boy breathed. His voice was shaky and desperate. He quivered in pain and terror. "Please help me.."

       In panic, the woman held the boy in her arms and ran to the car, and yelled for Clyde. She ordered him to be seated behind the wheel and guided to the hospital. 

       Hours later, the woman is seated outside of a hospital room, wide awake and her eyes fixed onto the door. She bit her nails as tears ran down her face. Her glassy green eyes were full of worry and despair, and she trembled. Her frizzled cocoa hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail, and her glasses sat in her lap. Her cleaned clothes still had a stain of blood spots here and there, and her boots the same. 

       "Lori, it's going to be okay. He's going to be okay. There's no need to worry," reassured Clyde. He used his fingers and combed back his short black hair was messy and wavy, and had been covering some of his face. His blue eyes shined with hope, and as well with hints of worry. His navy flannel was wrapped around Lorelei like a blanket, which in result left him with just a tank top and camo cargo pants. 

       She looked up to Clyde, "I hope..", and looked back to the door. 

       After a few more hours of waiting, Lorelei and Clyde were asleep on the bench outside of the hospital room. They both were awakened by the sound of a door closing, and a voice calling to them. 

       The man that had woke them up was a tall man with salt and peppered hair, and a long white coat. He declared, "Mr. and Mrs. Kore, he is awake." Lori sprung up from her seat and walked in, shortly followed by Clyde. 

       The boy's rose eyes had their color back, and his skin was much more lively. Most of his body was wrapped up in bandages, including his forehead and torso. His fiery hair was much more clean, and silky soft. It looked like Clyde's hairstyle, but more tame and less curly. It's color was very vibrant and beautiful, it looked unrealistic. He was still thin, but he looked very much more alive than what he looked like at the start of the forest.

       "Oh my goodness, you are awake! Thank the lord!" she beamed as she rushed to the boy and hugged him tight. The boy winced to the action, being wrapped up in bandages. Lori looked down to him, "Oh, my bad!"

       The boy smiled lightly, the shine in his eyes back. He hugged her back, and smiled to Clyde as well, who grinned softly back. 

       The boy let her go, and spoke, "Thank you for saving me. I was-," he paused, and a tear rolled down his face, "I thought I was going to go.. Thank you so much.. You saved me from them. They hurt me, and I wanted it to stop, so I ran. I ran far away. Thank you so much..", he choked into a sob, and cried in Lori's arms. Clyde joined the embrace and pet the boy's head.

       "You are very much welcome. It will be okay, now. It will all be okay. We'll take you in. You'll be in our family now.." Clyde cooed. The boy looked up to him and gasped. Clyde nodded, as the boy grinned brightly. "Now," he spoke, "Get some rest. You will need it when we come to pick you up."

       The boy nodded, and was tucked in by Lori. Surprisingly, he fell asleep quickly. After admiring the boy, Clyde and Lori left the room. They were met by the doctor, who had seemed to have something to tell them. 

       "Mr. and Mrs. Kore, where did you find this child?" the doctor had asked, his piercing gray eyes staring emotionlessly. 

        Confused of the question, Clyde answered curiously. "We were having a walk through the woods and found the child laying on the ground, bleeding out. Why must you ask?" The man seemed to be quiet for a second, and then spoke.

       "Mr. Kore, that boy is Lite Augus," spoke the doctor, "The lost child from a year or so ago. The Augus case."