Chapter 1 : Story From The Past

Start from the beginning

You turned to the left, see a man is reading a book, while there is a rifle on his back.

"Who are you..." - You asked him.

"..." - He closed the books. "Just... Johnny."

"Where are my friend... Where are we?" - You ask him again.

"We are current outside New York by now, the zombies and Honkai won't track us down, luckily we did found a small town here hasn't affected by the eruption yet. And about your friend... I am truly sorry." - Johnny said.

"What... What did you mean?"

"I saved you. But i couldn't save her. I am so sorry."

"Liar! I don't believe it! She's out there at somewhere!" - You said, then jumps down from the bed, and ran outside, sees you're in a house on a tree.

There are many people down there, they're all resting by now, and there are some of them carrying guns on their hand, guarding around here.

"... What..."

"Hey kid, don't risk your life, i didn't save you just to let you run away into the wild." - Johnny holds you back.

"Kina... Is she dead.?"

"... Yeah... I was there... I can only save you, i was a bit too late."

You started to cry.

"Hah... Hey kid, you're not the only one lost someone, look down there." - Johnny points at some kids. "See them? They have to watch their own parents getting eaten alive. We all lost someone we loved, this world is just that cruel, they don't give us mercy, but yet. These kids are stronger than i thought, they did cried for a bit, but looks... They already found a new family."

"*sniff* sir... I want..."

"You want what?"

"I want to fight against this cruel world...."

"... Fine, i've seen alot of people like you, but it's rare to see a kid like you said it, what's your name?"

"... Y/n, Y/n L/n."

"... Fine, Y/n. Talks later, let me get something for you to eat, stay here." - Johnny walks below by using a stair near by.

Later, you're eating soup in a wooden bowl, so as he is eating a bread.

".. Mr.Johnny..."

"Yeah?"

"... You and these soldiers... Are from some sort of organization, right?" - You asked Johnny.

"... Yeah, we worked in Anti-Entropy. We did followed a track of someone in that city, and the eruption happened, most of my comrades died in that city, we are the only ones lucky." - Johnny said, then he takes a sip of beer.

"How old are you?"

"I am 34, it's my 12th year in Anti-Entropy." - Johnny said.

"12th year? So you must have a lot of experience then."

"Yeah... Tell me, Y/n, why do you want to against this world?"

"... I don't want to let anyone suffer."

"..."

"I've experienced in... Losing someone, i just couldn't... Take it... But i have to accept it, and... No one shall suffer the same pain as me." - You said.

"... You know what... Y/n... You looked like one of my friends."

"Your friend?"

"Yeah... He's a coward... He always beg us for mercy, not to kill zombies, because they're still there. But... He also want to change the world... People may seeing him as a coward... But for me and some... He's truly a hero from deep inside."