22: a change of stage

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes at what he said. "Ugh, that is so biased," I complained while grabbing my pencil case and clear folder where I keep my music sheets inside. 

Namju shook his head and stood up, too, not bothering to defend himself anymore. Then we all left for Music Class.

I sat in between Namju and Kyung at the back of the classroom. I decided to share my music sheets with Namju since I am a big softie. Yes, I am a softie. Plus, he's my cousin. He may be annoying with his school crush and overprotective when a guy would come anywhere near me, but that's Oh Namju. He'd do anything for me. So, in return for all of the good things he has done for me, it's my turn to at least do the same for him.

"Don't forget to thank me by buying me something later at lunch time," I whispered to him when our Music teacher walked in.

The Class President stood up and greeted, then we all followed after him. Namju then looks at me with a soft smile and whispered back, "What do you want, Ra?"

I ignored the nickname and quietly answered, "Anything sweet. I don't want to eat spicy food or drink acidic drinks today."

Namju nodded his head and gave the "okay" hand gesture. Then we both faced the front of the classroom and paid attention to our Music Teacher. 

We were all singing to an old hymn and in the middle of it, I saw Eun Danoh from the corner of my left eye dancing on her seat and bopping her head to the music that is coming through her white headphones. I raised my left eyebrow at the scene and laughed out loud when she suddenly jumped up from her seat and started dancing. But then a stage started and everyone is back to singing and Danoh is glumily looking at her clear folder while singing along.

I mentally sighed in disappointment for her and waited until the stage would end.

But then right after we finished singing the hymn, we all appeared back inside our classroom for Literature Class. I mentally groaned this time and saw Danoh reading manhwas by her desk. I wanted to ask her what manhwas she was reading and wondered if Dohwa had read those, yet. But I realized that I'm in a stage and Danoh wasn't. So, I watched my friend read her manhwas and hear her cursed at the Writer for not using manhwas as references in Lit class.

Then the teacher called out, "Ms. Eun, can you please read page 123?"

I saw the manhwas on Danoh's desk disappear and in her hands is the book that everyone in our class are reading during the stage. Stage Me and I giggled at the same time, well mine was a mental giggle. Then I realized I was in control of my body... Again. 

"This is so weird," I muttered under my breathe as I moved my hands one by one on top of my desk. 

Then I realized that I should take advantage of this, so I stood up from my chair making everyone near me looked at me in confusion. I quietly apologized and asked the teacher if I could use the restroom. I was given a pass and I quickly left the classroom. Right away I ran to the cafeteria where Jinmichae should be at. Once I got inside the dining area, I called out to my blonde friend, who poked his head out through the kitchen's doorway.

"Shouldn't you be in your class right now?" He asked in confusion.

I raised the restroom pass for Jinimichae to see and said, "Decided to ditch it."