My Little

⚠️- DDLB

(Sam)

From the moment Colby told me he was a little, I felt obligated to be his caregiver. It didn't bother me, I was happy to do it. He began calling me 'daddy' and began stealing my heart.

"Daddy, Daddy!" Colby said, prancing into the game room. Corey, Aaron, and I were playing Fortnite, but at the moment it was just Corey and Aaron while I watched.

Everyone knew about Colby and I, and everyone accepted. Almost everyone. Aaron didn't understand it, he wasn't rude about it and didn't anything to harm Colby but he made the decision not to be associated with it, and we all respected that.

"What, baby?" I asked as he ran over to me, grabbing my hand and pulled me into the bar room. He showed me a small block house he made. It was made as a kid would make it, messy but perfect in their eyes. Making it perfect in mine. "Wow baby, that looks so good." I said, kissing his hair. "You have to clean up your toys, it's time for a shower."

"But daddy-" He began talking back.

"Colby, do not talk back. Clean up now." He was usually good, he didn't talk back, he listened and did what he was told. He started having play dates and making friends, I guess he just learnt from them.

He plopped on the floor where he was standing, crossed his arms, and began to pout. "Cole. You either clean you're toys up right now or you'll be sleeping by yourself without Koala." That's when it went more downhill.

"No!" He started crying, and flailing his arms around. I picked him up, and carried him upstairs to the bathroom.

I honestly had no idea what to do, he hasn't ever acted like this. I sat him on the toilet as he continued to cry, and I did my best to undress him while he acted this way. I got his shirt off, and he calmed down a bit with just light whimpers.

"Are you done?" I sternly asked him. He kept his head down, and look up at me through his lashes. He lightly nodded while crossing his arms. "Okay, stand up." He did as I said, and I continued to undress him and got him into the bath.

I was going to allow him to play, but after the tantrum he threw I knew it would be bad to allow it. I quickly washed him, and got him out. Once he was dried and dressed I picked him up, he laid his down on my shoulder and I was overtaken by cuteness. "I'm sorry, daddy. I acted naughty." He whispered and sniffled. I put him down on his bed, and kneeled in front of him.

"Can you tell me why you acted like that?" I acted calm, and held his hands in mine.

He looked down at his lap, and shook his head no. "You don't know?" I asked him, searching for an answer. He nodding, answering my question. "Well, I need an answer or you'll be sleeping in here tonight." I said back, and he answered by kissing my cheek. I almost fell for it, but knew he was trying to suck up. "Colby, you need to talk to me right now, use your words." I didn't speak too sternly, but rather soft and understanding.

"I-I just wanted to play with blockies more." He said in his baby voice. He won the fight, knowing I'd somehow regret that in the future. I carried him into my room, and after getting changed into joggers and a t-shirt I laid in bed with him.

I laid on my back as he was cuddled on top of me and to the side. My arms wrapped around him, and soon his soft sleeping breaths were all to be heard. Eventually making me fall asleep.

(Colby)

Daddy had to go out all day with friends, leaving Uncle Elton, Corey, and Devy to watch me. Devy is my nickname for her, just because I called her it once and she thought it was cute. Sometimes when I can't say 'Corey' and say 'Cowey' instead, making them all coo. I didn't get why it's so cute.

I was in the kitchen, where I definitely wasn't supposed to be alone. Daddy said it's dangerous, but I think I'll be okay.

I climbed onto one of the counters, I saw the knife set and knew they were very dangerous. Maybe if I was careful, I wouldn't hurt myself.

I pulled on out from the bottom, I think it's called a.. steak knife? That's a funny name for a knife, maybe there was a chicken knife, or a hamburger knife. The thought made me laugh out loud to myself.

"Colby?" I heard Corey call from the game room. I gulped, if I was caught I'd get in trouble.

"Y-Yes, Cowey?" I called out, internally shaking.

"What're you doing?" He asked, he didn't seem to notice my voice was coming from the kitchen, because he would've came in here immediately.

"Nofin, just playing." I said back innocently. I lied, that means way more trouble. I heard shifting of the couch, and blew it off as he was shifting around to get comfy.

I looked back down at the knife, and put my finger on the tip of it, wondering what would happen. I giggled, it tickled my finger.

"COLBY!" Corey screeched when he saw me sitting in the counter, knife in hand. When he yelled, it caused me to jump, and the knife that was once gently against the tip of my finger was now poking into my skin and causing it to bleed.

Immediately I started crying and dropped the knife next to me. Elton ran in and started bickering at Corey, and I just really wanted my daddy.

I was scooped up by Elton, and carried into the bathroom that was across from the stairs. He ran my finger under water, I continued to cry because the sting. He wrapped a bandaid around it and sat me on the floor.

As he walked out I just stood there, with my finger in the air towards him. "What?" He asked, with a smile. "Oh, okay." He laughed lightly, grabbing my finger and kissing it. I smiled, as he picked me up.

We walked to the game room, and he sat me on the couch. "I'm sorry, but you're in timeout. You know you're not allowed in the kitchen, on top of that with knives, Colby." I started to tear up, but didn't let myself fully cry.

I eventually lied down, and fell asleep.

When I woke up, daddy was home and I jumped with glee when I heard his voice. I walked into the kitchen where it was coming from.

He was arguing with Corey and Uncle Elty about earlier. I walked around the corner, and fiddled with my hands in front of myself. "Daddy?" I asked cautiously.

He sighed, walking over and picking me up. "Baby, why were you in the kitchen, and why did you play with a knife?" He asked, in a gentle/stern voice.

"I thought I could try and be careful. I was gonna be a big boy and not get hurt." I mumbled, then hid myself into his shoulder. "I'm sorry." I lightly whisper.

"It's okay, just.. be careful baby." He kisses my head, and brought me into the game room. We all watched a movie, and I cuddled into daddy's lap.

"I love you." I heard him whisper. I wanted to answer, but sleep took over.

I love you, too, daddy.

I was nervous writing that one, not sure why. Let me know how you feel about it.

Also sorry my writing is bad. :)