彡 chapter eleven

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

*。・゚✫*

XI. LIFE IS SHITTY

"SO, WHERE ARE we heading?" Callie looked at Richie, who was already looking at her.

Stan's Bar Mitzvah had finished not long ago. As soon as it was over, Callie and Richie congratulated the boy for becoming a 'man' and nearly ran out of the synagogue.

    Richie shrugged. "I don't know. My house is a no, so maybe yours?"

    "No." Callie said quickly. "I mean, uh, it's messy and shit." She lied.

    Richie furrowed his eyebrows, "Okay.."

    The ginger bit the inside of her cheek. "I know a place that's not too far. I go there sometimes to be alone." She grabbed Richie's hand, "Follow me, Tozier."

    The boy's eyes widened at her touch, and he felt his cheeks heat up. What was happening? Why all of the sudden did she have this affect on him?

   The two made their way through Derry, eventually reaching the outskirts at an abandoned playground.

    "A playground?" Richie chuckled.

    Calliope let go of his hand, ignoring the sudden coldness she felt. "Yeah. I used to come here with my brother and my parents when I was younger." She told him. "Nobody really comes here anymore, so I usually just come to practice skating, or just to think."

    Calliope dropped her skateboard, climbing up one of the ladders to the double slide. "My brother and I used to race down these." She said, "He always had the right, and I the left."

    Richie followed her up, taking sitting beside her on the right. "That ladder probably has fucking AIDS or something."

    Calliope giggled. "Unless you lick your hands, you'll be fine."

    The two sat, staring out at the town, enjoying the company of one another.

Callie fidgeted with her hands, quickly glancing at Richie. "So, why did you want to talk in the first place?"

Richie swallowed, "Uh, I just want to apologise. It was wrong for me to call you annoying, and a freak, and-"

"Yeah I get it." Calliope chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "But, I understand. I sometimes want to yell at me too."