Eli Wesley - T W E N T Y O N E

© an affiniteas 2012-2013 ink on Wattpad

Eli Wesley - T W E N T Y  O N E

 "Is it just me or are you boys looking happier than usual?" Betty approached our usual spot, the corner booth of Chaplin's. 

 Chaplin's Diner sounded good for dinner, but we always found ourselves here. Betty caught us at the highlight of the conversation. We were talking about Tyler Benson's party towards the end of July. Tyler had given me a call the night I asked Lana to be my girlfriend. Even though I chose to let it ring, he left a voicemail about how pumped he was having all of us together since graduation. I was pretty confused at first, but everything made sense once Preston bought up that he already told the guy we would go to his summer party. 

 I was relieved that Lana decided to come too. Tyler's party would already be ten times better with her by my side. The reason why we were all laughs was because Coops and Preston joked about having to find dates since Lana was coming. With these two, getting dates wouldn't be a problem for them though. 

 We were talking about Preston Daniels and Julian Cooper — they weren't my best friends for nothing, you know.

 Even so, they liked having Lana's company. We, including Olette, would all go down to the beach, and it was like the fair all over again. Good vibes all over the place. When I was dating Haley, that was another story. But, none of that mattered.

 Preston spoke for us, "You know we're always happy to see you, Betty."

 Betty's aged face brightened slightly, and she looked like she was about to smack Preston's arm. She hooted. "Charming, but I have a feeling its something else."

 Coops lifted his lips into a smile. "We assure you, nothing else."

 We laughed as Betty shook her head side to side before joining in. She soon pulled out her order form and clicked the pen. 

 Scanning through our eyes, Betty said after another chuckle, "You three will never change. What can I get for you?"

 After repeating our orders — which Betty pretty much knew it by heart — she soon walked off to let us be. As we waited for the food to come, Preston crossed his arms and leaned towards the cushioned seat. 

 "Hey Eli, you got plans this weekend?"

 I nodded.

 Coops raised his eyebrows, a little shocked. "You do?"

 Laughing at their reactions, I faked a mad expression. "Wow, you two act like I have no life or something." Once our laughter ended, I continued, "Lana and I are planning to take her family to the OC country."

 Preston gasped from disbelief. "What! You serious? You're telling me you get to eat chocolate covered bacon again?"

 "I'm probably not. That's your thing, remember?"

 "True enough." Preston nodded.

 As the guys were talking about whatever plans they were having, I was looking forward to the weekend. I never lost the thought of taking Lana's dad to the fair the moment I noticed the hidden sadness in Lana's eyes when she lightly wished her dad was there to experience the fair. 

 Coops soon mentioned, "Eli, even though we joke about you and Lana, just know that we're happy for you, bro."

 "Thanks guys." I grinned.

 I was happy to be with Lana. The days we spent together were seriously the best moments of summer to date. Every time I saw her, we would get closer and closer. The Lana I thought I knew from high school was obviously not her. I was glad that she gave me the chance to see the real side of her. And, hopefully Lana felt the same way.