Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I ran as fast as I could down to Toms apartment. The wind in my hair; the cold ground under my shoes. Jumping over every puddle of frozen water; I finally made it to the front steps leading up to his apartment.

I caught my breath before walking up and ringing the doorbell. I heard some yelling coming from inside before the door swung opened.

Tom’s mom answered the door. “Oh hey there Emma, haven’t seen you in a while, how’s your mother?”

She had a sweet and gentle smile on her pale face. Don’t let that smile fool you though. She may look sweet and innocent, but if you get on her bad side, you will regret ever being born.

“She’s ok, can't wait for school to start again. So i can get out of her hair, so she says.” I smiled.

“Aren’t all moms anxious for their kids to go back to school?” She chuckled.

“Is Tom here?” I peeked over her shoulder trying to avoid further conversation.

“Yes darling, please come in.” She opened the door wider as I walked in. The room was nicely decorated for the holiday. A small fire was going in the electric fireplace making the room seem warm. The smell of smoke from the lit cigarette smoking in the ash tray.

I walked and sat on the old gray couch with a wine stain splattered on the cuhion waiting patiently.

“TOM GETS YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!” His mom yelled upstairs. Tom came running down in a muscle shirt and skinny jeans. His eyebrows crossed glaring at his mom.

“Yeah?” He answered in an annoyed tone. He looked over and saw me. He sweetly smiled that charming smile that just makes my heart turn to mush.

“Hey babe, I thought you were flying to your dads today?” He walked over and gave me a hug kissing me on the cheek.

“Yeah but I wanted to quickly stop by and give you your Christmas present.” I handed him the perfectly wrapped blue and red box with a gold bow.

“Awe you shouldn’t have.”

“But I did.” We both chuckled.

He led me up to his room. All over his wall he had posters of famous guitar players, maps, bands girls in bikini's (which i hate!) and so on. He’s always been interested into that classical music.

I sat on his soft bed running my fingers along the seemes tightly stitched into place. He sat across from me in his computer chair. He ripped the wrapping paper off and stared at the key chain that was underneath for a moment with a blank face.

I looked at him trying to read his expression, to see if he liked it or hated it. I stared at my hand is my lap twiddling my thumbs back and forth nerviously.

“You hate it…” I managed to let the words escape my lips.

He quickly looked up at me. “Oh no, baby I love it.” He sat next to me on the bed. “It’s just missing the other half.”

I chuckled. “It’s right here.” I showed him the necklace I was wearing. He picked up his key chain half and held it up. “Oh, now I see.”

He smiled and kissed me lovingly in the lips. “I love it, thank you.” He squeezed me tight. I sat there watching him, waiting.

He was walking around the room looking for something. He finally walked over to his closet then quickly faced me.

“Close you eyes and hold out your hands.” I did just as he asked. I was smiling and anxiously waiting giggling like a stupid school girl.

Finally I felt something big a fuzzy touched my fingers. I opened my eyes to see a giant white bear with a Santa hat and holding a smaller nicely wrapped present. My eyes glowed with happiness as I set the bear down and unwrapped the small present.

It was a velvet box. Could it be? I slowly opened the box and gasped, but then my eyes fell a little disappointed, it wasnt what I was expecting. I managed to put on a smile, he tried right? “It’s beautiful!” Inside was a diamond necklace shaped into an ‘E’.

“I'm glad you like it Emma.” He came over to me, he placed both his hands on either side of me. He looked deep into my brown eyes leaning in kissing me passionetly.

He grabbed the necklace taking it out of the box. “Want me to put it on you?” I nodded and held up my hair turning around on the bed.

He placed it around my neck and clamped it together. I faced him smiling. “Beautiful, just like you.” He smirlked charmingly.

I giggled then scanned around the room, the clock catching my attention. “Oh crap I’m going to miss my plane!”

I scrambled gathering my things running down the stairs and out the door, Tom following close behind.

I whistled for a taxi, as one came up and stopped at the curb. I crawled in when Tom stood in the doorway. “I guess I’ll have to hold your big bear till you come back?” I chuckled. “Thanks.” I replied.

He leaned in and kissed me one last time. “Call me when you arrive and tell your dad I said hello.” I nodded.

“I’m going to miss you.” I stared into his dreamy blue eyes.

“I’m going to miss you too” He then shut the door and stepped back. I looked out the back window waving at him. He waved back then walked into his apartment.

“Where to ma’am?” The driver asked.

“Airport pleases, and step on it!”