part 10

We got to the mall around 5:00, and we had no idea what shops to go to.  Krista picked me and Amber up in her minivan.  She was wearing black skinny jeans and a long sleeve white shirt, with teal blue converse high tops on her feet.  Amber was wearing grey track pants and a short sleeved Aeropostal t-shirt.  She was also wearing her purple and blue Nike Dunks.  As for me, I was wearing light wash skinny jeans, tucked into my Uggs,  and my purple I heart NY hoodie.

We walked into one store and started looking around.  Krista picks out a few skirts to try on.  I find the cutest shoes.  They are black sequenced stilettos, and I love them.  Krista finds a short, long sleeved fitted black sequenced dress and lime green leggings.  We pay for our items and then make our way to another store.  Amber gets a black high-waisted skirt that has green splotches all over it.  She will wear it over top of a black tank top, also, she will have a white cardigan over top of the tank top.

Next, we make our way over to the shoe store.  I already had my shoes, but Amber and Krista still needed to get theirs.  I sit on a bench and they pile their purchases around me.  I let out a small sigh, I really don’t like shopping.  I lean my head back on a fixture and close my eyes.  I can hear the girls giggling in an aisle over.  This store is hit and miss, you either find amazing shoes that you love, or you don’t.  I’m guessing they found one of the misses.  I open my eyes and look around.

Suddenly I see a familiar face walk by the door to the shop.  She is alone, and it looks like she’s crying.  I spare a quick glance in Kris and Amber’s direction, surely they won’t notice my being gone for a few minutes.  I get up and walk out of the store, looking around.  I spot the girl sitting at one of the benches, she is still by herself.

“Hey,” I say, walking up to her.  It was Annie.  She looks up and I can see shock on her face, then recognition as she realizes who I am.  She gives me a questioning look.

“Hey,” she says, then sniffles and wipes her eyes.

“Mind if I sit down?” I ask her, taking a seat on the bench beside her.  We normally don’t talk, but it looks like she could use a friend right now and even though we aren’t really friends, I think that I am better than no one.  We sit in silence for a few minutes, and I can hear her continue to sniffle beside me.  After a few more moments of silence, I turn my head to look at her, she is still crying. “What’s wrong?” I ask her.

“Huh?” she says, looking at me, “Oh, n-nothing.”  Her breath is shaky from crying so much.

“You know you can tell me right?” I say, she furrows her brow and I continue, “I mean, if something’s bothering you, you can tell me if you want.  I know we aren’t really friends, but maybe I can help?”

I’ve never really talked to this girl before, we have only had one class together and that was back in grade 9.  I continue to look at her, waiting for an answer.

“It’s not even that big of a deal,” she stops for a minute and wipes her face with her sleeve, “I, they, I just...” she trails off.  I know that she isn’t finished so I just wait patiently.  It looks like she is done crying and she takes a few deep breaths to calm herself down before continuing.  “I don’t even know what I did.”  She looks at me and her eyes are wide.  I give her a questioning look and she just shakes her head looking down.  “I was trying on a dress and when I came out of the fitting room, they were gone.”  I feel my eyes widen in shock.  Who would do that?  Why would they do that?  Then I remember that I just left Krista and Amber, but I am right outside so they cant miss me when they come out.

“Who?” I ask her, still in shock.  That is so rude!

“Who else?  Trisha and Casey.”  No shit.  Still I can’t believe it, and I don’t know what to say so I just shake my head in disbelief.