She narrowed her eyebrows at him. "What is?"

"You always looked pretty cute in your uniform." He nodded. Daisy felt her heart skip a beat, and she tried to cover up her blushing with a sarcastic scoff. "Are you going to Andy's after the game? Everyone's going."

Daisy nodded quickly. "Yeah— sure."

Tommy smiled. "Good." He spoke. "My grandparents are here so I gotta go see them, I'll catch up with you later Hendrix." He nods, sending her a quick wave before running off to meet up with his family.

Daisy stood there flustered, her heart pounding from the simplest of compliments. She clenched her jaw and looked around for Jen, trying to keep a cool nature.

Instead, she was met with the burning gaze of Carol, who stood directly behind her. "What are you doing?" She asks, narrowing her eyes at her.

Daisy was taken back for a second. "What do you mean?"

"Are you trying to get back at me for kicking you off the team?" Carol asks, her perfectly dark skin practically glowing under the field lights.

"You didn't kick me off, I quit." Daisy responded confusedly.

Carol scoffs. "Whatever." She took a step closer to Daisy. "Just a word for advice— from girl to girl— stay away from him if you know what's good for you."

Daisy remained unfazed, also taking a step closer to her. "From girl to girl." She mocks. "The mean girl character always dies first in horror movies."

Carol barely let Daisy finish her sentence. "Are you threatening me?!" She asks, widening her eyes. Daisy shrugged lazily, earning a disgusted scoff from Carol before frustratedly walked away, her curly hair bouncing as she walked.

"What just happened?" Josette asks, walking towards Daisy, with Jen and Kai beside her.

"Carol is obsessed with Daisy because Tommy is obsessed with Daisy, and Carol and Tommy dated for a while, but now—" Jen talked quickly, but stopped after Daisy shook her head at her.

Kai scoffed, and everyone turned to glance at him. Daisy's gaze lingered on him a bit longer than everyone else's, but it shifted to his family that walked towards them.

Josette turned around to face them. "Oh." She smiled, glancing back behind her at Daisy and Jen. "Uh— this is my mom and dad." She gestures to her family, that looked more like a class going on a field trip to a football game.

"We met Daisy the day we moved in." Diana, Kai and Josette's mom, spoke. She sent Daisy a kind smile. "How are you?"

"Good." Daisy responds. She always found it difficult to talk to adults, but it was much easier without her mother's overbearing composure clouding every bit of conversation she had.

"And this is Jen Chang." Josette says, gesturing towards Jen. "She was the girl who gave me the tour."

Joshua Parker nodded, holding his hand out to shake Jen's. "Nice to meet you." He says.

"These are my siblings." Josette says, as a young blonde curl with tight curls clung onto her leg. "This is Olivia." She pat the blonde girl on her head gently, then did the same to the rest of her siblings as she said their names. "Lucas, Joey, Maya, Grace, and Todd."

As Daisy smiled at the kids, she watched as Joshua tried to create a bit of distance between them and Kai. Kai rolled his eyes lazily before stepping to the side a bit and shoving his hands in his jacket pockets.

Daisy eyed Kai warily, but he just kept a bored expression as he looked around the field. "We better get going, Josette." Joshua nods towards his eldest daughter.