Chapter 12 - Moon And Stars!!

Начните с самого начала

"And you're the one to talk about manners who hug random girls", she pointed out and he shook his head.

"I guess you're not here to argue", he reminded her and she bites back her tongue.

Right.

"Can you take the coffee cup, please? It's not poisoned or spiked. Do you want me to try it before?", She asked and Kabir glanced at her.

He took the cup from her and looked at the clock. Sitting on the bed, he motioned her to sit on the couch in the front and said, "You ten minutes starts now". He took a sip of the coffee and Veronica saw the ring in his hand.

She nodded and after taking a sip of her coffee, she decided to ask him about his past. "Who was the girl with you in that picture?", She asked pointing to his mobile.

"That's my ex-girlfriend", he said.

"She looked like us", she said. Kabir gave a good glance at her.

"She doesn't look like you at all. Your sister sure has a lot of resemblances", he said.

She's your ex-girlfriend after all, She thought.

"What was the name of your ex-girlfriend?", She asked.

"Aashi Sharma", Kabir said and sealed his lips with the cup. A heaviness surfaced Veronica's heart.

"I'm sorry that I'm asking you a lot of questions but I'm just a bit curious. Why did you hug me that day? Where is your ex girlfriend?", She asked.

It has been so many years since someone has asked about Aashi. Kabir didn't want to tell Veronica anything but her face melted his determination. She might not look exactly like Aashi but she looked a lot like her. He was vulnerable today so he let his emotions overflow.

"Aashi and I were college friends. She died seven years ago. When I saw you, I couldn't think clearly and ran to catch you. I realised my mistake later. People who are gone never came back", he said. Veronica could easily sense the bitterness in his voice. The despair reflecting in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by her.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that", she said.

"Do you love her? I mean she meant something to you if after so many years you still keep her picture in your mobile", She said and Kabir just gave a bitter laugh.

"I never realised how much I love her until I lost her. She loved me more than I loved her. She's my star", he said and then he picked up the pendant from the bed. He showed it to Veronica.

"This is the last memory of her which I've with me. I gave her a moon and star pendant. But I only have a star with me. She was, she is and she always will be my star", he said and Veronica couldn't blink her eyes. Her vision blurred.

How can someone love anyone this much?, She thought.

"Wow. You're something. I mean your love is beyond words", she said as she took a deep breath and Kabir smiled.

"I know right. I'm proud of myself that I loved someone as special as her. I also want to apologise to you and your sister. I couldn't help but feel selfish. Your sister is so like my Aashi that I could not control myself and crossed the lines. I shouldn't have met her but I still did. I was desperate to find someone I love in your sister but I couldn't. I screwed up. I hope she can find the heart to forgive me. I didn't know she was waiting for my call", Kabir confronted.