I was met with an elderly man waiting for us. His hair was grey, and the corners of his eyes were creased with age. But other than that, his face held no wrinkles. He had a white mustache that curled a bit at the tips. He wore a butler's uniform and had a white cloth draped over his right arm.  

"Your Majesty, Master Dantalion has been expecting you. If you'll follow me to the courtyard," his old voice said. The old man turned and began walking through the house. I followed, entwining my fingers with Lucifer's. 

The butler led us to the courtyard, where Dantalion was waiting. He was wearing something similar to what I was. A pair of dark blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a blue jean jacket. He was sitting in one of the love seats, scrolling through something on his phone. When he saw us, a smirk plastered itself onto his face and he stood up. 

"Looking cute as ever, Lucifer!" He laughed as he walked over. I rolled my eyes as he grabbed Lucifer's hand and kissed it. 

Lucifer only smiled, used to Dantalion's antics. "Thanks! Where's Xavi?" 

"He's over there, playing with his new toys. Why don't you go play with him?" He pointed over to a large tree on top of a small hill. Underneath the great oak sat Xavier. Lucifer looked up to me. I nodded, causing him to let go of my hand, and run over to Xavier. I watched him for a moment before turning and walking over to the small sitting area that was on the patio. I sat in the sun-warmed white cushions. I grabbed myself a glass and poured a drink. 

Dantalion sat across from me. "That bunny tail is a twist. How'd you get him to wear it?"

"It was the cost of coming here," I responded after taking a sip. "Your boy isn't dressed too shabby."

His smirk widened. "Yeah, it took forever to convince him to wear that."

Xavier was wearing a light blue high waisted short skirt and a white crop top with flowers embroidered along the hem. His tail was neatly brushed and waving happily as he talked with Lucifer. 

"Did you hide all the eggs?" I asked. 

"Of course, what do you take me for," Dantalion snorted. 

I took another sip. "Then let them start the hunt." 

Dantalion stood up, and walked over to the two boys. He talked to them for a few moments, and it wasn't long before they were jumping up and down in excitement. Lucifer looked to me for a split second. I gave him a nod, and he returned his attention to Dantalion as he explained the rules. Dantalion handed each boy a basket, and then they were rushing off. They seemed to have a plan, because they weren't splitting up, they were going everywhere together, and sharing their finds. Lucifer would get an egg, then Xavier would get one, then Lucifer would get one... and it went back and forth like.

They stopped in between when one of Xavier's Vans became untied. Lucifer most likely didn't want to do it, because he pointed over to us. They made our way over, setting their baskets on the glass coffee table. 

Xavier went over to Dantalion, holding up his foot. Lucifer came over to me and sat on my lap. 

"You hungry love?" I asked. 

Lucifer nodded. Dantalion led the way to the picnic table that was covered in foods. Finger sandwiches, fruits,  and juices. Nothing I would usually eat. Lucifer sat next to me, but I pulled him onto my lap. He eagerly reached for the finger sandwiches, talking excitedly with Xavier, how was talking just as excitedly. 

Xavier drank his juice from his sippy cup, while Lucifer drank it straight from the box. They were talking about random things, like what shows they were watching, types of clothes and jewelry. I just listened silently. Dantalion mainly tended to Xavier. Wiping his face, picking out his foods, refilling his cup. I saw Lucifer was forgetting to eat the healthy stuff, so I placed a few grapes onto his plate. He brightened up even more (if that was possible) at the sight of the sweet fruits. 

 After eating, Lucifer and Xavier resumed their hunt. I took out my phone, and took a few pictures of Lucifer. When they finished their hunt, they came back over to us. 

Xavier was blushing and whispered something into Dantalion's ear. 

"We'll be right back," Dantalion said as I lifted Xavier onto his hip. 

Lucifer plopped himself onto my lap. "Look at all of the eggs I got! What am I supposed to do with them?"

I smiled down at him. "You open them, and get the treats inside."

"There's stuff in them?" He asked with awe.

I leaned forward and grabbed a bright orange plastic egg. I shook it, letting whatever was in there rattling around. I placed it onto his hands. 

"I can open it now?" He asked. I nodded. He applied pressure to the egg, squealing when it popped open. Inside were a bunch of jelly beans. He picked one up and studied it curiously. "Do you throw them?"

I laughed. "No, they're candy."

He immediately threw it into his mouth. His eyes shone with excitement as he chewed it. Then he took out another jelly bean. He held it up to me. I usually didn't eat sweets, but his eyes rendered my will useless. I opened my mouth, where he placed the jelly bean.   

"Are all of them filled with candy?" He asked. 

I nodded. 

Lucifer looked a the basket, eyes worshipping. I knew I would have to hide them. 

Xavier and Dantalion returned not long after that. 

Lucifer and Xavier spent the rest of the time playing and rolling around in the grass. When it was time to go, Lucifer gave Xavier a hug as he he yawned. I picked him up, setting him on my hip. I took his basket in my other hand. We left and went back home.

For the next week, I went to extremes to hide his eggs, but somehow, he found a least four every day. Sugar high Lucifer was too much. 

---

I hope you liked! Again, happy easter! I hope you spend it with family or loved ones, despite the coronavirus!