introduction

IRON
the hunger games.

IRONthe hunger games

▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝the sound of iron shots is stuck in my head,
the thunder of the drums dictates
the rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
the rising of the horns, ahead.
— woodkid

Vesper knows that if she were ever to be Reaped into the Hunger Games, she wouldn't leave much behind in District Six. Both her parents are dead, and she's been working through a tense relationship with her stepsister, Blythe, for the past months that they've been living alone together. The only people she can't imagine leaving behind are her friends at work — all alike in that they're railroad mechanics, maintaining the tracks that connect all of Panem in order to feed their families.

Despite all of this, hearing her name called in the Reaping still feels like a sucker-punch to the gut. It would seem the universe really is against her. Her suspected fate of being crushed in the Bloodbath, having had no previous experience with weapons or survival, becomes easier to accept in the heat of the moment...

That is, until Icarus Brunel's name is called; the younger brother of Axel Brunel, her best friend. The little boy of only thirteen years who wouldn't hurt a single soul. She could never let him die. Taking on a sisterly role, Vesper makes it her mission to do what she can to protect Icarus for as long as she can in the arena, and return him home safely.

     But in the arena, when faced with survival, trained killers and the prospect of death, Vesper's objective is easier said than done.

╒═══════════════╕
the cast
may the odds be
ever in your favour...
╘═══════════════╛

Victoria Moroles as...
VESPER ALFARO