I left the place and straight went to my parents. Well, I already told them about this proposing thing. My mom was bit reluctant, but I knew she will agree at the end. Afterall, she too had a love marriage with dad.

I know you all are in confusion as how come her parents become so civil suddenly? I will tell you, only if you keep it a secret. Don't tell it Zoya! I love it when she talks about it surprised everytime.

Me and dad found out about their contact details. It was not difficult. We were in the same college. Her dad is a businessman. They have their family business. Neither grand nor small. They belong to upper middle class family. Simple living people. We video called them. My parents, me and her parents.

I told them about how Zoya feels. I was so angry but controlled myself. Afterall, they are my soon to be In-laws.
Her mother's head hung low in guilt. They promised me they will correct their mistakes and even promised Zoya's hand to me for marriage. I denied. I did what a friend should do and now saying yes and no for marriage is her decision.

They invited us and we went to meet them soon. Her face on seeing me at her doorstep was worth watching. I stifled a chuckle.

We talked, joked and then our marriage talk started. She was happy all the while but on marriage talks her expression changed. Her insecurities rushed back. She excused herself and moved towards balcony. I wanted to go behind her but hesitated then her parents encouraged me to go behind her.

She was staring at the full moon. Her arms folded on her chest. Moonlight was adding more beauty to her already beautiful face. Her eyes were shinning. The only thing missing on her glowing face was her glowing smile.

"Zoya!"
"Hmm..." She didn't turn towards me.
"Zoya I knew you will react like this only, but I promise you, we will never turn out like your parents."
"How are you so sure?" She asked, finally turning towards me, frowning.
"Trust me on this Zoya. Before this too, you trusted me and I didn't failed you." I said in a voice full of love, trying to melt her.
"Promise?"
"Promise sweetheart!” After a minute, "You know something is missing on your face." I said, trying to search.
"What is it?" She touched her face.
"Bataoon?" She nodded.
My hands reached near her waist. She widened her eyes. Before she could run, I caught her and rest of the work was done by my fingers on her waist. She jumped and let out a magical, carefree laugh. Her laugh brightened my day. Ahh.... I can die for that too.

I made her wear that ring on her right hand ring finger, as a promise ring

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I made her wear that ring on her right hand ring finger, as a promise ring.

Our marriage preparations started on full swing. My mom and Zoya were totally glued to each other as some long lost friends. This shocked me. Who was reluctant about the girl haan?
Whatever...! Ladies are hard to understand but not my Zoya. She is such a sweetheart.