15. NEARING THE UNION

Start from the beginning

Sharmishta just smiled and engulfed her in a hug shooing away her concerns. "It's all normal Ragu. Don't you remember Swara was also..." She stopped realizing she may hurt Ragini but bringing the past at the moment.

Ragini stared Sharmishta. "Maa, why did you stop? Even now, you think that I'm not over what happened?" She took Mishti's hand in hers.

"Maa, there were twists and turns which were painful in my life. Those WERE painful, not ARE anymore. I have accepted my past. It doesn't hurt me now. You can talk about Laksh with me without a second thought. I don't feel the stung by his mention. That won't make me weak anymore. Okay?"

Sharmishta caressed Ragini's cheek as a tear escaped her eyes. Her daughter is so strong, like her. "I'm proud of you." She said as she hugged Ragini again.

***

"Do you really think you can win over us?" Swara asked with a smirk.

"Of course." Laksh replied with the same attitude.

RagSan's sangeet was on full swing; in Maheswari Mansion. Swara and Laksh were throwing attitude each other. Swara made Uttara jump to ladkiwaale. Music was played continuously creating the jovial mood. Ragini was all excited. Both bride-groom decided to keep aside the nervousness and enjoy each and every function.

A month has elapsed for their engagement. Sanskar had been very busy in handling the office works these days, as he can be free during the pre and post marriage ceremonies. They continued sharing their nervousness to each other figuring out the solutions for the same. The families were happy seeing the couple accepting their future relationship wholeheartedly.

Everyone had wide smile on their face. Suddenly the light went off and dhol sounds were heard; the lights started to blink.

Sar jhuka ke kar salaam

hai shaam shaandaar..

aasmaan se aa giri

hai shaam shaandaar..

Spotlight was on the brothers who were on stage. Sanskar, Laksh and Adarsh rocked the stage kicking off the Sangeet.

chak de andhera

chaand jala de

bulb bana ke..

fikr na kariyo,

karna bhi kya hai

bijli bacha ke..

sare aam pila khushi ke jaam shaandaar

aasmaan se aa giri ye shaam shaandaar

Ragini was surprised seeing Sanskar dancing. They just had a conversation of subject: Being '0' in dance. So it was all an act! She shook her head smiling.

Laksh raised his eyebrows at Swara while dancing while she rolled her eyes. Ragini and Swara embraced each other excited at the sudden energy in the function.

The music slowed down as Sujatha and Parineeta took the stage.

Charkha cooker denda

Cooker lage kalege

Ik mera peya dhadke

Dooja kangan chhnake