Chapter XIII - Queens

Start from the beginning

We all laughed at that, I felt more confident to handle her emotions in this state of mind. "Listen, I'm not the best person for relationship advice but running away from the castle won't fix anything, everything catches up to you. And you are not here for that idiotic brunette, you are here as Loxley's chosen representative. You came here for your city and you will stay because of your city."

"You're right." She straightened her posture, "Lady Hood of Loxley. And my life will not be depicted by anyone other than myself."

"Tash yeah!" Ben called out from the door frame that combined our rooms. He must have heard all the commotion from the next room over and was curious. We all looked over at him at the same time. "Oh, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Please, you're the only male I could stand at the moment." Allie jokes.

"This is why I don't bother with boys. You ladies need to find men." Ben shook his head.

Lucy rolled her eyes with a smile and I knew she had Theo on her mind.

"Let's clean you up," Susan suggested. "Edmund will know exactly what he's missing."

With that Susan and Lucy went into makeover mode, calling for tea and face masks. I called for Venus to bring someone the hottest while still being respectable dresses she created. She came running in minutes later, laying out a rose-red dress that would fit Allie's body perfectly. The bodice was tight before the skirt flowed out lightly, with a slit that, when angled correctly, left just enough room for imagination. Allie was slightly smaller than me so we fit her into nude heels. Her hair was curled perfectly and Venus could not stop talking about how perfect she looked. The excuse Susan and Lucy gave to get all dolled up and so that Allie didn't feel overdressed. Eventually, I got roped in, receiving a lavender gown that I would never have chosen for myself, but the girls insisted.

Lucy and Susan sent for their jewelry and my room lit up when the cases were opened as the jews reflected the sunlight. We goofed around for a while, even trying on a few crowns that were probably worth more than everything in my room.

My room has never been filled with such girly things in my life. It smelled like vanilla, flowers, and bubbles all at the same time. Millions of compliments sung around the room, making each one of us feel special and we finally agreed it was time to go to lunch.

 Millions of compliments sung around the room, making each one of us feel special and we finally agreed it was time to go to lunch

"I'm sorry," Edmund said, bursting into my office.

"For what?"

"I judged you harshly. When I found you and Ashton together in the library. I didn't understand how two of the smartest people I know could do something so stupid. I had never felt could be that strong, that... consuming. I thought you two were just horny as Tash."

"Edmund!" I chastised, unable to keep an embarrassing smile off my face though.

He smirked, but it quickly faded, "But then Allie walked out and I felt like my world came crashing down."