𝑰 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 :: 20

Start from the beginning

"You don't know a single thing about her. You never cared to. You never helped her when she needed you the most. You could have fucking paid for her rehabilitation yet you were too busy screwing other girls. You disgust me," Jungkook growled lowly in disdain. His arms dropped to his sides and his fingers curled deeply into his palms. His mother's overdose was reason enough to take his own life. But with his dad standing behind him, slathering him up with his distasteful and incriminating words, he only found a greater desire to jump - no, he wanted to fly.

But how could he with broken wings?

"Jungkook?"

Said male froze. His once angrily pinched expression softened as soon as he heard such a familiar and sweet voice resonate in his ears. It was almost enough to pull him from the ledge. Almost.

"I know you're hurting, Jungkook. But please don't do this," Jimin begged softly, tugging lightly on the brunette's sleeve. Jungkook curled his lips in, feeling his eyes brim with tears. The ravenette had the gentlest touch and he knew he was beginning to cave. There was no way he wasn't going to.

Because he realized now, that Jimin and his mother were the most important people in his life. His shoulders fell, much like the salty droplets cascading down Jungkook's cheeks. He hadn't yet told Jimin about his dysfunctional family. About how his mother was a druggy, and about how he found comfort in her despite being her canvas many many years ago. And yet there the ravenette was, quite possibly at the perfect time, asking him softly to step away. Not pressuring, because it was clear Jungkook had enough of that.

"I... I know I freaked out earlier this morning a little bit and I wanna say sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I've found a new safe place in you amidst this crazy world and I don't know what I would do if you were gone. You're changing me," Jimin explained softly, and Jungkook didn't believe he could get anymore gentle. The weeds his father had planted in him slowly withered, and a flower began to bloom brightly in his chest. The brunette slowly climbed back down the railing, his feet reaching the wood beneath him.

And then he fell to his knees, face burried into his hands as his weakened body rocked. It didn't take long before Jimin had his arms wrapped securely around him, chin perched on his shoulder.

"You can do this. I believe in you," Jimin said into his ear softly as he rubbed his arms up and down gingerly with his knuckles.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook hiccuped weakly, grabbing Jimin's arms tightly in his hands. He wasn't too sure what he was apologizing for. Maybe everything? He just knew that it needed to be said.

"You have nothing to apologize for," Jimin soothed gently. Jungkook spun slowly in his embrace, wrapping his arms around Jimin. He burried his face into the crook of his neck as he proceeded to cry heartbreakingly, fingers curling to grasp his hoodie in his hands.

"How did you know I was here?" Junkook croaked after pulling away, staring Jimin in his beautiful eyes. Eyes that held the universe and twinkled indefinitely.

"Your dad actually texted me from your phone..." Jimin told quietly as he continued to rub Jungkook's back with hands, sure to sometimes use his nails and caress lightly.

Jungkook scrunched his nose as Jimin wiped at his cheeks. The brunette stared up at his father, finding it hard to believe that he would willingly text Jimin and tell him to go help his son. But that was really the only feasible explanation.

"Why?" Jungkook asked hoarsely.

"Because I knew you weren't going to listen to me. And so I had to call someone I knew you would listen to," he explained with crossed arms. Evidently, it wasn't his favourite choice to have made.