Twice Upon A Time

"Who is that?" A voice asks.

"I'm the Doctor."

"And I'm the Seer"

"Oh, I don't think so. No. Dear me, no. You may be a Doctor, but I am the Doctor. The original, you might say."

"And I'm the Seer, the original Seer" the doctor and I look at eachother.
each other the Doctor and I get up on our feet.

"You. How can it be you two?"

"Do I know you, sir?" The women and I look at eacother.

"This is the South Pole. We're at the South Pole." I say.

"Of course we are. Don't you know that?"

"This is where it happened." 12 Doctor says.

"Where what happened?"

"This is it. The very first time that I, well, you, we regenerated. You two are mid-regeneration, aren't you? Your face, it's all over the place, but you're trying to hold it back."

"What do you know of
regeneration? Are you two Time Lords?" The 1st Seer asks.

"You know who we are. You must."

"Hmm. Have you come to take the ship back?"

"The ship. You still call it a ship."

"Oh dear, what have you two done
to it?"

"Nothing." The docor and I say at the same time, the other Seer looks at the TARDIS and touches it.

They walk around the Tardis. "The windows."

"I don't remember this." The docor looks at me. "Do you remember this?"

"Obviously not, because I would have also remembered." I look down at me hands.

"They're the wrong size. The colour."

"We don't remember trying not to change." I say.

"I'm sure it's changed."

"Not back then."

"Look at it. It seems to have expanded." The other Seer says.

"Well, it's all those years of bigger on the inside, You try sucking your tummy in that long. Why are you two trying not to regenerate?"

"We have the courage and the right to live and die as ourselves."

"Too late, it's started. A few minutes ago, you were weak as a kitten, right? Now you're fine. We're in a state of grace, both of us, but it won't last long. We have a choice. Either we change and go on, or we die as we are. But if you two, if you two die here, if your future never happens, if you don't do the things that you are supposed to do, the consequences could be..." The snow stops falling, and we look around, I then look at my older self.

"The snow." The doctor says.

"The snow?"

"Look at it!"

"How extraordinary." The Doctor and I flick at a snowflake, which moves away then back to where it was.

"Everything's stopped. But why? Maybe it's us, maybe it's something else, but somehow, something has gone very wrong with Time." I say.

"Hello?" A figure in uniform, with a moustache and holding a pistol approaches.

"Sorry. So sorry. I don't suppose any of you is a doctor?" We all look at each other.

"You trying to be funny?"

---

"Everything's stopped."