ミ☆

Callie found herself wandering around the streets of Derry, her board slipped under her arm. If she were going to the Bar Mitzvah, she would be needing a new dress. Many of the dress shops the girls her age went to were quite expensive, so she opted for a thrift store on the corner the main street.

Opening the door, the cold scent of old people and dust filled her nose. There were only a few people in the store, mainly mothers and grandmothers, so Callie didn't feel the need to hide as she would if they were teenagers. Heading over to the dress section, she started rummaging through her options.

Many of the dresses were old, and too far out of style for her to wear now. She was about to give up hope, when suddenly she spotted a cute, baby pink dress behind the counter. Callie would never admit it, but she thought pink was a beautiful colour. She didn't think she could wear it, seeing as she was a ginger, but for some reason it was calling out to her.

She made a bee-line for it, stopping in front of the checkout woman with a smile. "Hey, um, is that dress for sale?" She questioned, giving the woman a polite smile.

The woman looked at her curiously, but nodded nonetheless.

ミ☆

Stan looked around at all the people gathering at the synagogue for his Bar Mitzvah, yet his eyes couldn't find any locks of the copper hair he had grown to know.

Richie stood beside Stan, wondering who on earth he was looking for. "Stan, who the hell are you looking for?"

Stan gave him a nervous look. "Uh, I invited Callie. I was hoping she'd turn up, but I guess she won't."

Richie felt his heart thump louder at the mention of name. "Why? I thought you two weren't that close."

Stan shrugged. "It felt right, I guess- woah, she actually came."

    Richie turned his head, and as soon as his eyes landed upon her his eyes became wide. "Holy shit" He whispered to himself.

    Callie met the boys eyes, sending- mainly Stan- a small smile. She headed over to them, her skateboard still tucked under her arm. "Uh, hey Stan. Richie." She nodded. Avoiding Richie's gaze as she locked eyes with Stan. "Sorry I'm late. I had to stop and buy a dress, I didn't want to show up in my daggy clothes."

    Stan gave her a smile. "Don't worry about it. I'm glad you're here. How are you? I haven't seen you since... since...." His voice lowered as he thought back to that terrifying day.

    "Uh, as good as I can be I guess. You alright? I've missed you, and the others obviously." She said.

    "Yeah-"

    "You look really pretty." Richie interrupted, seeming as though he didn't know what else to say. Callie flushed a light shade of pink. "O-Oh, thanks Rich."

    Stanley looked at him in confusion. He had never seen Richie this speechless in his life. Then again, he had to agree. Callie did look really pretty - as she always did.

    "Stanley, tell your friends to go take their seats." Stan's father interrupted, giving the boy a look that told him they were about to start.

    Callie looked back to Stan, "Goodluck. You'll be great." She gave him a quick hug, quickly turning to find a spare seat.

Richie gave Stanley an over the top pat on the back, before following Callie. Callie ignored the rude looks as she walked past with her dirty skateboard in hand. Taking a seat, she placed her board beneath her feel and sat patiently, admiring the stained windows around the synagogue.

Richie sat down abruptly next to her, making her jump slightly. "Oh, uh- hi." She said quite awkwardly, not meeting his eyes.

"Hey." He replied, staring at the side of the girl's face, so intently that he could be counting each freckle delicately places upon her cheek and jaw.

"Are you okay?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she finally turned to meet his eye. Richie's throat became dry and he was under her gaze. He had no idea what was happening to him. Since their argument, he had seen her in a new light. He wanted to know the real side of her, not the fake Calliope.

"I'm fine. Can't a guy admire a girl's beauty?" He flirted, causing Callie to rolled her eyes, though a smile tempted its way upon her lips. "What happened to me being annoying and a freak?"

Richie shifted. "Uh, about that," He became serious for a moment, "Did you want to go somewhere after this and talk? Just the two of us."

Richie Tozier being serious and genuine? This was a side of him Calliope had never seen.

"Sure." She nodded. Before the two could converse any longer, Stan's Bar Mitzvah had begun.

◾️◽️◾️◽️◾️◽️◾️◽️◾️◽️◾️◽️

( edited )( this chapter is obviously a filler, but i wanted to expand on richie and callie's relationship before the losers come together again

( edited )
( this chapter is obviously a filler, but i wanted to expand on richie and callie's relationship before the losers come together again. they have a lot of bonding to do and i'm so excited to write the next chapter! )

ps. pls vote and comment! i really appreciate when you do. it motivates me a lot to keep going <3