Canute POV:

Canute sat in his bed, watching Thorfinn as he gazed around his huge room. There were decorations and garlands everywhere, all of them the color red and gold. Canute's bed took up the majority of room. It was round shaped with red sheets and blankets, and gold curtains surrounded his bed, for privacy. His room was magnificent, Canute admitted to himself, and of course to Thorfinn, it was an extravagant luxury.

Thorfinn walked towards Canute, with an awestruck look on his face. Canute blushed at how adorable Thorfinn looked. He looked like a lost puppy in this big room. "Are you finished admiring my bedchambers?" Canute asked with his arms crossed, laughing.

Thorfinn looked at Canute and grunted. "Whatever." He said, walking towards a wooden chair. He clearly wanted to hide the fact that he thought Canute's room was amazing, although he failed to do so. Thorfinn slumped in the chair, and picked up one of the two candles that were lighting up the room. "Should I blow it?" He asked Canute, admiring the gold plate that the candle stood on.

"Yes." Canute answered, nodding his head. "What do you intend to do sitting on that chair?"

"I'm guarding you." Thorfinn replied, bluntly. He blew out the fire on the candle, and placed it on the plate.

Canute sighed. "I said you must sleep next to me."

Thorfinn gave Canute a glare. "I don't want to!" He said, gruffly. He crossed his arms, and rolled his neck backwards, stretching.

Canute had a feeling that Thorfinn was simply afraid and nervous to sleep next to the prince. However, Canute was determined to get Thorfinn to sleep next to him. He felt safer with Thorfinn, and was hoping with him next to him, the nightmares Canute has been having recently would go away. Canute stood up and walked towards Thorfinn. He tugged at his sleeves and gave him pleading eyes. "Please..." He begged, slightly brushing his knees against Thorfinn's knees. Thorfinn looked up at him and shook his head stubbornly. Canute tugged with more strength and determination. Then, he wrapped his arms around Thorfinn's upper body and sat on his lap. "Please!!"

Thorfinn brushed his fingers through Canute's hair. "Fine! Then, get off me, princess."

Canute placed his chin on Thorfinn's strong chest, and smiled at him. "You don't want me to get off, do you?"

Thorfinn scoffed and then gave Canute a grin. He tugged at Canute's hair as if to say, "Yes... but I'm not going to agree out loud." Canute leaned towards Thorfinn's face and tilted his head, sharing a kiss with Thorfinn. Even after a couple of days since their first kiss, Canute still couldn't get over how sensational he felt every time his lips touched Thorfinn's.

They smiled at each other and Canute rested his head on Thorfinn's chest again. They stayed like that for a while, with Thorfinn gently rubbing Canute's head. Canute could feel his eyelids drooping, and Thorfinn noticed. "Shall we go to sleep now?" He asked, lifting Canute's chin up. Canute nodded and they both stood up.

Thorfinn climbed on to the bed, and took the left side, which was closest to the wall. Canute hesitated before saying, "Thorfinn, if you don't mind, may I take the left side? It's just that I'm more comfortable closer to the wall, and farther away from the door."

Thorfinn looked at him and let out a chuckle. "Whatever." He said, rolling to the right side of the bed. Canute smiled and hopped on his bed, shuffling towards to left side. In addition to that, he pulled the drapes over his bed, closing them. Then, he pulled the blanket over both of their body's and laid down on his back. Thorfinn grabbed the candle sitting on the table next to the bed, and blew out the last remaining light source.

Canute turned to his side to look at Thorfinn. "Good night, Thorfinn." He said, smiling.

Thorfinn turned to look at Canute. "Night, princess." He gave Canute a grin and they both shut their eyes.