Chapter Two: A Gang in the Forest

Dream opened his eyes, sitting up. He grumbled, cleaning himself off. He was so upset that he was dirty and sleeping on the forest floor. He tried not to cry, hating that what would have been his happily ever after was ruined.

Hot tears stung his eyes, though he covered his eyes. He didn't want the tears to fall on anything, as they would burn any animal they would plop onto.

With a grumble, Nightmare sat up, rubbing his eye. He looked over at his brother, seeing him covering his eyes with his hands. Guilt filled his soul, his chest feeling heavier as he remembered his little brother's harsh words from the night before.

The sun prince stood, pulling the twigs out of his hair and brushed dirt out of his golden curls. He brushed the dirt off of him. He was a princess, even if he was a young man, and he could overcome this mild inconvenience.

"Alright, time to move on. The sooner we start our way home, the sooner we get there." The brighter male glanced at his brother, frowning. He still looked elegant, which was odd with him. He looked more like their mother, rather than the usual, cheery boy he truly was.

Adia was a tall and beautiful woman, being very elegant and calm. She even looked motherly, to all of her loyal citizens. She was very patient, which was one of the reasons everyone loved her. The beloved queen went out to take strolls often, which caused many children to show her flowers they picked and many people to bow as she passed by. She would simply wave gently to them all, giving her subjects gentle smiles with the corners of her kind eyes wrinkling in a charming way.

The twins were both perfect, and imperfect, mixes of their beautiful mother. 

Nightmare was quite elegant. He was tall and inherited his rather dark skin from his mother. Just like the queen, the tall prince had broad shoulders, yet unlike her, he had a more menacing and terrifying look to him.

Dream, instead, took his mother's curly hair and charming smile. He had a much more feminine figure than his brother. Though he wasn't loved for being patient and calm, but for being loving and playful. He was just as loved as his elegant mother, which he adored. He didn't look much like her, yet many people said he was much more like the queen than his twin brother.

And at this moment, the sun prince looked like Nightmare instead of Dream.

The moon prince nodded and stood up. He sighed and started to follow his brother, going through the thick forest branches. Any twigs that reached for the prince and grazed his skin or clothes were burned to the tree, so they wouldn't rip or scratch anything.

The fire male was walking in front, wanting to just get home. Everything was ruined and he wanted to sleep in his big, fluffy bed again. That way, he can at least dream for his happily ever after.

The dark twin followed, his black boots crunching the twigs under his weight, watching the trees lose leaves and branches. He was rather grateful he wasn't having to try to pull his hair away from the branches or getting his own clothes ripped and torn.

The sun prince didn't know where he was going, holding his skirt up so he wouldn't get his dress ruined. He grumbled, his heels being difficult to walk in the forest.

Suddenly, a tree root tripped him. The male princess just laid there for a moment, his brother worried he'd just pass out.

Slowly, the sun prince stood, brushing dirt off of his dress and gently cleaning his face, shaking his head slightly. He cleaned himself up and began to walk to where he thought the castle was.

The moon male continued to follow, speeding up as he felt nervous. He heard some people speaking somewhere nearby in the forest and he prayed they wouldn't find them.