Chapter 11 - Guardian Angel!!

En başından başla

"What?", I almost yelled. Everyone glanced at our side so I bite back my tongue. We gained attention unnecessarily.

"What did you just say?", I asked again not believing my ears.

"Those girls are sisters", Kabir said with a sigh.

"But neither of them can be Aashi, right? We all have seen Aashi's…", Parth took a pause and then added, "Body". I left a deep sigh. Kabir clenched his jaw.

Parth is right. We can't replace reality for our comfort. If there are people who look alike Aashi, doesn't make them our friend. They have her face, not her character.

"What on earth is going on?", I asked annoyed at the situation and they just gave me a blank look.

"I wish I had an answer to this question", Kabir said.

"What are they doing here?", I asked.

"I don't know", Kabir replied shrugging his shoulder. I noticed him carefully. He looked lost.

"What are you thinking?", Parth asked incredulously whilst looking at Kabir.

"I don't want to get into any commitment. I don't want this engagement", Kabir said leaving a deep sigh.

"What are you guys talking here?", Jay marked his presence and we all sealed our mouths. Naina is Jay's cousin and Jay is our friend. We can't say something stupid which might hurt either of them.

"Nothing. Just waiting for Naina", Parth changed the topic.

"Let's have a group selfie till the time being", Jay said excitedly. I gave Kabir a sympathetic smile. Nia, Noor and Ami joined us on the stage and we all had a photoshoot together.

Naina marked her presence soon and all the cameramen surrounded her. They started taking pictures and recording the entrance of the bride to be. Naina is a nice girl. She's beautiful, smart, intelligent and she genuinely cares for Kabir. We all have witnessed how she always stood up by his side in his thick and thin. If someone can replace Aashi's place then it has to be Naina undoubtedly. Her selfless love for Kabir didn't go unnoticed by any one of us, not even Kabir. I really wish, someday Kabir finds the heart to love Naina as much as she loves him.

Naina made her way and stood next to Kabir. She passed him a smile and Kabir forced a smile on his face. I stood next to him.

"You're looking good", Naina complimented him.

"Thanks. You too", Kabir said and I rolled my eyes. He's not helping at all.

"She deserves more praise", I nudged him as I whispered slowly. He gave me a glare and then turned back to look at Naina.