"They forced answers out of you." He murmured, walking me towards a hallway. A strangely empty hallway. "Burner would really do anything to get it."

I stumbled on my steps, my vision blurring once again. "Get what?"

I looked at him sideways as he spoke, his lips moving as he said the words. But I failed to hear whatever that he was saying. I had to close my eyes shut and inhale a deep breath before my brain started registering his voice again.

He stopped in front of a white door and opened it up. I walked inside along with him, looking around the dark old room. This must've been the only room which wasn't...white. He pulled me inside and almost immediately, closed the door behind him.

"All right. That door–" He pointed over towards another door behind me. "–will lead you out. I don't think there are any guards armed out there. Leave, Grace."

Before he could've let go of my shoulders, I clutched onto his arm. "Jack...I need to find him first."

His eyes weren't just filled with guilt anymore, but now I could see the sadness too. As if I was asking something plainly stupid from him.

"We don't have time for that, Grace." He shook his head. "You need to leave right now. If they...catch up to you, it won't be good."

I felt the hollowness in my chest. I wanted to argue but I knew he was right. I wasn't even in the right state to escape from here all alone. How was I supposed to save him–

I can't just leave him here.

"Jonathan–" I started shaking my head but he cut me off.

"You need to leave." He removed one hand from my shoulder and stuffed it in his pocket, before taking out a phone.

My phone.

"Here. I think this is yours." I took it in my hand, nodding slowly.

He opened his mouth to say something else but thought otherwise. I gulped, not wanting to leave Jack behind. I was so close. He was so close to me. I wanted to see him.

My little brother.

"Grace." Jonathan gripped my shoulders once again, capturing my attention. His eyes looked more frantic than before. It just made me feel more panicked. "Be careful, okay? This...this all is way more complicated than you think. Burner has his men everywhere. He can manipulate almost...anyone. Anyone who's close to you."

My insides twisted even more at that. I was having a feeling that I might throw up right this second. However, I willed myself not to.

"You can't trust anyone, Grace." His eyes didn't leave mine, telling me that he was completely serious about this. "People change within seconds. Even those who you really trust."

I felt the corners of my eyes welling up at that. Why was he saying this all? Why wasn't he helping me with Jack?

"Please." I heard my voice breaking a little. "You need to help Jack too."

He looked away then, backing off. "Go now, Grace." He took another step back, away from me. "And please don't stop until you reach somewhere...safe."