Chapter 4

Aliyah's p.o.v
~~
"Fuck", I spoke out loud.

Darren sat up. "What's wrong?"

I contemplated whether I should tell him what I found out today or not.

"Ugggh, ok. If I tell you, you have to promise you won't tell anyone. Ok?" "Promise."

I sat up and looked him in the eye. "Sophia is cheating on Nick with someone." His eyes went wide.

"Oh my God. Who? Do you know?" "No. But I think Nick knows. He just asked me if I've been avoiding him cause I know Sophia cheated."

He groaned. Our friend group can be a lot sometimes. "What are you gonna do?" "I don't know. I think I wanna talk about it with him in person."

He pouted at me. "Your gonna leave me?" "Yea, if that's ok."

He smiled at me and threw his arm around my shoulders. "Yea. It's fine. Go see your boyfriend." I glared at him. "Darrreeeennnn", I whined.
~~
"Hey Nick." I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. His took place on my waist.

"Are you ok?" I questioned. "I could be better", He let out a soft laugh.

"I'm so sorry. I just found out today and I couldn't face you knowing what I knew." He nodded as we take a seat on the park bench.

"Do you know who she did it with?", He asked. His eyes were red, I could tell his was crying.

"No. Didn't she tell you?" He shook his head. "My God", I whispered but he still heard me.

"I should've seen it coming. She's been so distant with me." I turned his head gently, so he was looking at me.

"No. You shouldn't have seen it coming. She shouldn't have done it at all." He shrugged.

"It was gonna end sooner or later." I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

He smiled. "Recently I've had this little crush on this girl. She probably doesn't feel the same way, but I felt it was wrong to continue being in a relationship and having feelings for someone else."

I nodded. But at the same time, I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I guess you could say I have a little crush on Nick. But, it's clear he has feelings for someone else.

"Who is it, if you don't mind me asking?" His smile only seemed to get bigger. "You know her." "Oh", I let out quietly.

"Can we get outta here?" I looked at him, lifting my gaze from the ground.

"Uhhh sure. Where do you wanna go?" "Anywhere." I stood up. I had walked here and he drove.

"So ummm..Do I go in your car? Or do you wanna walk?" He laughed at me and stood up. "Let's go to the car, come on." He came beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

I tensed up just abit. When I looked up at him, he was smiling.

"Nice car." I didn't really know what to say to him. We never really hung out and my best friend cheated on him.

(Car)

It was a quiet drive

It was a quiet drive. It wasn't uncomfortable though.

"Aliyah?" I turned my head towards Nick, who's attention was still focused on the road.

"Yea?" "Did I do something wrong? Like, did Sophia ever say anything about something I did?"

Even though he was facing forward, I could see his eyes watering. Even though he was one of the schools bad boys, I knew he still had a heart.

He pulled over to the side of the road and put his head in his hands. I saw his shoulders starting to shake, indicating he was crying.

"Don't cry Nick. She's not worth it. Yes, she's my best friend but if she can't see how clearly great you are, then she's not worth your time."

He looked up at me, and wiped his eyes, which made my heart ache.

"Really?" I nodded. "Really." I placed my hand on his thigh. I always did it to Darren. It was our way of calming down each other, so I did it out of habit.

I felt him tense up, and I removed my hand. "Sorry." He smiled at me. "It's ok." He took my hand in his and put it back on his thigh.

I felt myself blush, making me look down. "You don't have to hide", I heard and suddenly Nick was turning me to look at him.

"See. Everyone blushes, you don't need to hide, Leah."

I smiled at him. "Where are we going?" We had started driving again.

"Don't worry, just enjoy the ride."