Chapter 2

Aliyah's p.o.v
~~
Before I could turn around to see who the guy was, Darren was already shoving him.

He was never one to fight, but when it came to someone or something he loved he would beat you till you didn't even remember your name.

"What the hell was that for, asswhole?"

The guy smirked at him.

"She has a fat ass, so I slapped it. What are you gonna do little boy?" It was one of the jocks from the football team.

"I'm not a little boy! And you don't touch a girl like that." Darren shoved him again.

The guy shoved him back, making Darren almost fall to the floor. But, I caught him before he could.

"Just leave us alone please", I asked the jock.

"Nah. Your friend here wants a fight, he's gonna get one."

The guy ran up to Darren about to punch him, but he was pulled back and thrown on the ground before he could.

I didn't see who was on top of him, but whoever it was, was giving him the beating he deserved.

"Don't", Punch. "Touch", another punch. "Her like that", Another few more punches.

Then I realized from the guys voice, it was Nick. Nick Mara. I don't even know where he came from.

Nick got up off the ground and walked over to me, leaving the guy on the floor, bleeding.

"You ok?" He had a worried expression on his face. "Yea. I'm ok. Thanks." "Yea, thanks. I couldn't have taken that guy", I heard Darren laugh out from beside me.

"It's no problem. He shouldn't be touching a girl like that. Especially you."

I couldn't help but blush. I looked down at my shoes so he couldn't see me.

Darren threw his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek. "He's a jerk." I smiled at him. "I know. Which again, is why-"

He cut me off and started saying it with me. "I don't say yes to any of the guys."

We started laughing before someone cleared their throat. I looked up and saw Nick still standing there, with this look in his eye, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Sorry", I muttered. "Uhh, it's ok. Imma go now. Bye guys." I waved at him and began walking with Darren again.

"You know, I think Nick likes you." I jerked my head towards him so fast, I thought it was gonna fall off.

"That's a lie. A really big lie." He smiled at me. "It was clear he was jealous when I kissed your cheek, which is why he left so fast."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Does Nick like me? No, no way. He's with Sophia.

"No he doesn't, Darren. He's with Sophia." "So? Just cause he's in a relationship doesn't mean he can't have a crush on someone else. Why can't you ever live with the fact that people like you?"
~~
I sat in class waiting for Sophia to walk in, but she never did.

Sophia was the only one I knew that was in this class with me. Well, that's not entirely true.

There was Nick and some of his friends but I don't really talk to them. It was only was in a blue moon that I would have conversations with them besides Nick.

Sophia never skipped classes. That's why I don't understand why she's not here. I saw her this morning, so I know she's here.

I gave up on waiting for her and started my work. After about 10 minutes into class, I heard the door open and looked up.

There stood Sophia, and her hair looked like shit.

"Ms. Graham. Your late." She gave a crooked smiled. "Sorry."

The teacher rolled her eyes. "Just take a seat please."

She was walking funny as she came and took a seat beside me.

"Where were you?" I question, arching an eyebrow.

"Uhhh..just had something to do." "Righttttt. Next time, fix your hair before you come in." "What do you mean?"

I passed her my phone and she gasped. Trying to brush out her hair with her fingers, she sat low in her seat.

I looked over at Nick and he was eyeing Sophia. He's been sitting here the whole time. There's no way she was with him.

"What's that on your neck?" I squinted. It was a hickey.

"Oh that..N-Nick gave that to me." "No he didn't. He's been in here the whole time."

"Shit", She mumbled under her breath, but I still heard her.