To Live and Let Go

Holtens Pov

"Wake up Holten"

"What!"I snapped.

"Wanna tell me what's going on with you and Ryder?"

"Kells, nothing's going on. He's my friend. Am I not allowed to have friends?"

"Don't pull that shit. You can but I know you. If he hurts you, we're back at square one. I don't want you to go through that again"

"Nothing is going on. I won't get hurt. I'm fine"

"Okay" I say up and he looked in thought.

"Stop thinking. We know its bad for you". He rolled his eyes and I smiled. "How's the boyfriend?"

"I never expected this to happen. I've always liked Ryder. I knew I had no chance with him though. I never knew Beck liked me. He always seemed annoyed with me. But I like him. A lot. He makes me happy. I don't think I woulda felt this way with Ryder or anyone else. So I'm glad I'm with him"

"He was probably hiding that he liked you because he knew you liked Ryder. And sometimes things you don't expect are the best things that have happened to you"

"Oh, that makes since and I see that now"

"I'm glad you're happy". He smiled.

"I am too. I just haven't spent much time with you. And you've been with Ryder more"

"Don't be jealous. You're my best friend. You helped me through things I wouldn't have gotten through without you". He hugged me and we sat there for awhile. Kells was like my brother. He would never be Logan though. No one would replace him. His phone buzzed.

"Beck?" I smirked.

"Yeah, we're supposed to be going somewhere. He won't tell me where"

"You walk here?"

"Yup"

"Tell him to get you from here"

"Okie. He says Ryder's with him" he said frowning.

"You really don't like Ryder do you?"

"No! That's not it. I just get jealous. I'm working on it" I chuckled. I texted Ryder.

'You're with Beck?'

'Yup why?'

'Kells says their supposed to be hanging out'

'They are, I was talking to him'

'Wanna come over? He's supposed to be picking him up from my house'

'I have to go somewhere, sorry!'

I felt a pang in my chest but pushed it away. Ah well. I'll just go back to sleep.

Ryder's Pov

My chest was hurting. I wanted to see him. I missed him but I told Conner I'd go see him. I had told Beck I was dating Conner. He was happy for me. I knew Daya would be happier though. I knew it would take me awhile to get over wanting Holten. I knew I could though. I would have to. He didn't want to date me. And I had this gut feeling if I didn't date Conner because of Holten. Something bad would happen.

I drove to Conners and rang his door bell. He opened it.

"Hey" he said grinning. I smiled back.

We ended up watching The Avengers, because he'd never seen it. It just gave me time to think. I was going to have to make time for Holten. I missed him and he was my friend. And we still had our deal.