3. James

James's POV

I couldn't believe I finally found her. Watching her coronation, I was so proud of her. My wolf was too. She was so caring, confident, sexy, beautiful, smart, and a true leader. So then why did I have to let my wolf come out and try to dominate her? I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. My Beta, Damion, could tell I screwed it up.

"What did you do?" I sent through my memories of the two conversations through our mind link. I couldn't bare to think those words. He sucked in his breathe and said, "no wonder why we were kicked out so fast. Nice Romeo." I sighed again, mad at myself.

"I know, I couldn't keep him at bay. Well it doesn't help that I couldn't also be more open minded. I was so proud of her standing up to those jerks, until I became one."

"Let's focus on our pack for a couple of days while you work on yourself. At least we have alliance with her, she can't run away." His words of advice calmed me down slightly. I was still frustrated at myself. How could I let my perfect girl slip through my fingers? Well for starters I think of her as MY girl, not a girl.

I was also annoyed at the situation because I was use to getting my way. I was the next alpha, that meant certain perks. With power comes great rewards. I foolishly expected her to bow down to my will. However, she was an alpha too and we do not submit to anyone. I was hoping since she was just sworn in as alpha that her wolf would submit more easily. I was wrong.

The rest of the twenty minutes ride back to pack was filled with reflection on my part. Damion was working on pack stuff, making sure the guard was ready to change shifts.

"I guess I have to tell my mom, she'll know. But I don't want the pack to know, they need to think I'm not some immature kid running the pack." Damion agreed, promising to keep quiet.

"You do know the pack is going to stand by you, even when you make mistakes. That's why we start alphas so young, so they can learn while the retired alpha can still guide." Damion reminded me. My wolf didn't like the idea of my father still having power, but my human side needed comfort.

"Thanks Damion."
"It is my job." We both laughed, but we both know this isn't just a job. And he was always going to be my best friend.

We made it back to the pack and everyone was happy to see us. I felt myself put on a fake smile and step out of the car. It was easy to mask my emotions here, I was used to doing it. My mom immediately knew I was upset, but just gave me a secret look. We would talk later. My sister Zoey hugged me while all the young cubs circled my feet. I laughed and carried on like I was fine. Inside I was mad, disgusted, and sad. I needed her, much more than my wolf wanted to admit.

We made our way inside and most of the pack went to spend time with their families. It was close to curfew anyway. My father imposed a strict 7:00 P.M. curfew and I decided to keep it. Everyone was used to it, why change it?

I followed my family into our house. Damion left to go to his private house. My sister went to go upstairs after asking questions about the other pack. She seemed fascinated with the idea of a woman alpha, as she should be. I was just too stupid to grasp the concept and it's importance.

My father went upstairs to wait for my mom. She told him to leave us be to have our private conversation. My father never wanted to talk to me about my feelings anyway, he made that perfectly clear. My mom was cleaning up the kitchen and didn't bother me. She was waiting for me to speak, which I appreciated.

"I am so stupid Mom." I confessed and she didn't seem too taken aback. "Why? Did you make a fool of ourself and the pack? Sign a bad treaty?"

"I found her Mom." I said and she turned from the dishes with a grin. Until she saw my frown. She had us sit down on the couch and hugged me. "I was so stupid and let my wolf overtake me. She just as you expected, super confident, smart, and composed. But I had to open my big, fat mouth. I tried forcing her to drop her pack and join ours as our luna."

"Oh James. What happened after that?"
"She told me to basically grow up and come back when I do."
"So that's what you will do instead of moping around feeling sorry for yourself. You need to be the best alpha and mate that I have taught you. I love you James but sometimes you tick me off." I laughed and hugged her. My mom could both love and lecture you in one sentence. She was amazing.

I went to my room above the garage and laid in my bed dreaming of her. I missed her sweet smile that lit up her whole face. She had a reserved, polite smile for company and business. But when she was with her pack, she was even more beautiful. God I hate myself and my wolf right now.

The next morning before heading down to the office, my father pulled me aside. "Your mom told me about you finding your mate." He told me and I smiled. "Yeah she's perfect."
"Don't mess it up then." That was all he said.

I left to go to the office with Damion today. He immediately said that we got faxes yesterday. I looked at him like he was stupid. I didn't care about faxes at 8:00 A.M. He noticed my unamused mood and chuckled. "From her." I immediately tackled him to get to the fax machine and he laughed as he hit the ground. I looked at the papers, all forms and procedures for the training program.

I sighed and then a light bulb went off in my head. I would show her I wasn't just some controlling alpha, I could be a team alpha. So I called her office. "Hello Diamond Heart Pack. This is Beta Ben speaking." I was annoyed at the beta answering the phone but I could deal with this.

"Good morning Beta Ben, this is Alpha James from Eclipse Pack calling about the training program."
"Oh did you want to speak to Alpha Mia personally?" He asked and I could hear her faintly asking who he was talking to. I smiled.

"No that's okay, just let her know that I not only want to be involved but if she needs help planning, organizing, and setting up, she can call me personally. Do you have a pen and paper ready?" I asked and heard him dig around for a second. I could hear her whispers getting closer and I shivered.

"Sure go ahead."
"My cell number is (555) 6720-2456. She can dial it whenever she needs to. I look forward to keeping in touch, I plan on being close allies with your pack. Goodbye." I said and he said goodbye confused before hanging up.

"You cheeky sneak." Damion said with a smile on his face. Now the ball was in her court until I came up with another idea to merge our packs for an activity. I would first attend to my pack first. Damion worked all day making sure we knew every procedure and had the office organized to our liking.

I couldn't help think about Mia doing the same thing. They say sometimes opposites attract, but alike people do too. Maybe the moon goddess knew what she was doing pairing us up together. She would help me grow up while I could let her let lose. Even with just visiting her, I could tell she didn't have fun much often. Oh I could show her fun.