I struggled again.

There must be a way. Any way.

"My dad worked with you all. Why would you do this to me?" I asked her. And my voice fell to a pathetic one.

Why was I even asking her that? I should've known this would come to this. It was incredibly stupid of me to trust her. Trusting someone who I didn't even know.

I clenched my fists, sudden fear clawing in my stomach. I had been so desperate to find answers that I had willingly fallen into this trap.

"That was the problem, honey." She nodded. "Your dad was the problem. He had something of ours that he wasn't willing to give us."

The lump in my throat seemed to increase when she mentioned Dad.

"We did get rid of him." She said, pacing few steps away from me, too casually. "But we didn't get that thing; the thing that made us get rid of him in the first place."

I felt my insides constricting at her words. Horribly. "You killed my parents?"

She glanced at me, her face showing impassiveness. And then she nodded. I blinked at that, too surprised for words.

"Not me exactly, but Burner's men. He was furious towards your dad, you know." She spoke up as if she was telling me a freaking bed time story.

They killed my parents.

"You fucking bitch!" I struggled even harder this time. The pain in my wrists seemed to increase at that. But the sudden fear clawing at my insides increased the urge to struggle more.

I should've known. I should've known.

She laughed lightly in amusement. "Now now, Gracie. Those aren't some nice words to say to the one who helped you."

"You didn't help me!" I screamed at her, my head falling back against the bed when a small pain shot up my neck. I didn't even care as pathetic tears fell down my cheeks. "You lied to me."

"But I did help you find out the truth." She looked at me. "Didn't I?"

I went silent at that. Because my wrists really hurt. And the pain in my chest was increasing to a terrifying level.

My parents.

I watched her walk towards the other end of the wide empty room, her heels making that awful clicking sound.

"This would've been easier if your father had been a little considerate." She spoke up. "You know, keeping tabs on you wasn't that easy. It takes so much work to corner someone. Especially someone like...well, you."

I still kept silent at that. I didn't know what to say. I knew that screaming at her won't make a difference. The fear and guilt was overwhelming me. I was scared.

"I'll see you when Mr Burner arrives." She smiled at me before moving over towards the metal doors. Which, when I looked at them, were guarded with locks. "Till then, have some sleep. Things wouldn't be so easy when he arrives, Gracie."