I guess, he has all the right to blame me.

Tyler then put down his book which he didn't even read and stood up, "We're running out of stocks. I'll just go to the nearby supermarket to buy."

I held his wrist, which startled the both of us. He looked at me, confused.

I looked down. "What if they recognize you? I mean, you're all over the news last time and it probably hasn't died down yet."

He placed his free hand on top of mine, "News hardly reaches this part of the country. Now, you worry about yourself because.." he looked at his brother for a second then leaned on me and whispered, "I don't trust Daniel around you. I feel like he's gonna do something. Go to your room and don't come out until I arrive."

I mentally laughed at how hypocrite he is. He's afraid that his brother will do something bad when all along he was doing it already to me, from the start.

I just nodded and went straight to my room. I'll probably be uncomfortable with Daniel near me, anyway.

This room is depressing. The window's covered and I had my door closed, so it's dark in here. I'd really appreciate it if he at least put some light bulbs.

I sighed and went out of my room, entering Tyler's mother's room. I remembered it was the only room which had a window. I frowned when I saw that the window now has railings between it, why didn't I notice this a while ago? And when did Tyler put these railings?

I really had no escape.

But it wasn't what I came for, I needed air. I needed to look outside and feed my mind lies that at least I'm living, and that's okay.

I sat down the bed and stared at the window. Outside, there was an unending line of trees, I can't even see if there's a road. I bitterly laughed remembering how Ariela and I ran through that forest, how Daniel found us, how he brought us to his house. Among the countless trees, I saw a tiny house, probably where Daniel brought Ariela and I.

I sighed. Why didn't we suspect Daniel when we met him? If we have done that, maybe Ariela would still be alive 'til now. Maybe we would have ran with all our might out of that forest, until we found the road. Maybe someone would have found us by that time.

Maybe we were free already.

I looked down and saw Daniel carrying the body bag, then put it inside a hole that was already there. Then, he started covering it again with soil.

How hard would it be to bury your own father? Who was even killed by your brother?

I know I shouldn't have but I went down again, silently praying that the door's not closed. I turned the knob for the door leading to the backyard and I felt a slight joy when it clicked, signaling that it wasn't locked.

I went outside and watched Daniel who was shoveling dirt. His face was filled with mixed emotions. He was halfway done when he noticed me staring at him, he seemed a bit flustered but he suddenly stared at me angrily.

"Are you happy seeing me in this state?" He said out of the blue.

"What? N-no." I replied, suddenly feeling small. He had that aura in him that would make you wanna shrink.

"You're laughing. I can't believe this!" He said again and stared at me with disbelief.

Laughing? Wha-

Then, at that moment, I realized.

"I know, she's laughing. Can't you believe this?" He nodded as if someone was talking to him. "Yes. I have to do it. He's weak so he can't. But I'm strong, yes. Yes."

He was schizophrenic. I gulped realizing his words and stepped back.

From looking at his side, he turned to me with the most demonic look. Then he held the shovel tightly and approached me.

"What's so special about you?" He started and stepped near me again, "Why is he so weak when it comes to you? Why is he still not killing you?"

I gulped for the second time and thought about his words. He was right.

Why wasn't Tyler killing me yet? Why am I not in one of those body bags, ready to be buried?

I didn't talk. I think my throat dried up because of how tensed I am right now. Daniel's slowly closing the gap between us, each step he takes, I feel my body getting weaker.

I thought I was brave. I thought I wasn't scared of dying. But here I am, my heart accelerating because of the thought that this person right here could kill me any moment.

"You ruined us. You shouldn't have came in our lives! You don't deserve to live!" He attempted to swing the shovel to me but stopped mid-air when I spoke.

"Your father destroyed your family. Before I came here, you were already in that state!" I don't know where my voice came from. It just came out.

Daniel seemed to have a debate inside his mind, his head twitching side to side. Then, he looked at me directly.

"No! It's all your fault! You deserve to die." Then he swung the shovel to me and hit my head.

Blurry, and painful. That was all I could describe about how his hit felt.

I felt myself lose balance and dropped to the ground, Daniel still in my view.

He re-approached me and angled his shovel so he could hit directly to my throat. My head was so painful I can't even try to dodge. He raised the shovel and dropped it again to me.

I was ready to die at that time. I closed my eyes and prepared myself of the pain from the impact but seconds came and it still hadn't reached me.

I opened my eyes and with my blurred vision, I saw Tyler's hand gripping the shovel tightly. It was inches away from my neck and if Tyler hadn't stopped it, I would be dead by now. 

The two stared at each other for a moment before Tyler punched his brother in the head and grabbed the shovel. He hit his brother again and again with it, I could see the blood splash to the ground and drip from the metal but Tyler isn't stopping. His brother is also shouting from pain.

"Stop." I tried to speak. But I didn't hear my own voice. Then, a ringing filled my ear. It was so hard to bear. It felt like the ringing was piercing through my brain.

I covered both my ears with my hands but to no avail. I rolled on the ground and I could feel myself screaming from agony but I can't even hear it.

After what felt like an eternity, the ringing died down. I felt a strong arm gripping my shoulder, and my eyes slowly formed Tyler's physique in front of me. He was shaking my shoulders saying my name again and again.

"Stop." I said and at last, I heard what I said.

He looked at me, and with concern laced through his voice, he asked, "Are you okay?"

I didn't answer. All I knew is that I turned my head sideways and I saw his brother, lifeless, blood oozing from his head, with a bloody shovel in his side.